Potential blockbuster with the Dodgers brewing

bigbird

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To get the players listed in Bigbird's opening post particularly if it includes Billingsley, they'll have to throw in more than Payton. They'll need a Reimold or Penn/OLson, somebody like that.

Nike it; just do that. Don't think twice; it's alright...Bob Dylan

Are you sirus. Day be too scurred to do dat! I like Kemp, over a full season he may have numbers similar to Markakis. I love Markakis, so does my four year old daughter. If he was about eighteen years younger they could get married. Then Nick could call me Dad and we could have Holiday dinners together, I'd live in his house and we could play catch. That would be awesome! Do you think Nick would marry my wife and let me live with them?

Are you sirus. Day be too scurred to do dat! I like Kemp, over a full season he may have numbers similar to Markakis. I love Markakis, so does my four year old daughter. If he was about eighteen years younger they could get married. Then Nick could call me Dad and we could have Holiday dinners together, I'd live in his house and we could play catch. That would be awesome! Do you think Nick would marry my wife and let me live with them?

I think Kemp will have better offensive numbers than Markakis save OBP and maybe BA. To the rest of your post, ick! I think you've outdone RollieFingers and his naked humping the frozen pavement post! :eek:

In the words of the immortal Brian Fantana: "Take it easy Champ..."

I was just watching the FOX News at 10 and they started talking about the Winter Meetings. Obviously it caught my attention but I didn't think it would be anything I didn't know already. However, they said that the Orioles had just traded Bedard to the Dodgers for Kemp and Broxton. I hurried back to my comp to see if there was anything on here but it seems like there isn't so I hope FOX is wrong. They did say that they didn't have confirmation of it yet....

I'm really hoping we can get a third player out of a deal with the Dodgers. I'd really like to see us take on Pierre and either get Billingsley or LaRoche, preferably Billingsley. If we couldn't get that third player I'd look to the Mariners, who could give us some legit prospects.

It might be posturing, but according to this article, Broxton is untouchable now.

"The Dodgers met with the Orioles to talk Bedard today. Ned Colletti has pretty much deemed Broxton untouchable, and no deal is close."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071204&content_id=2317948&vkey=news_la&fext=.jsp&c_id=la&partnered=rss_la

That also said that the Orioles were the ones asking for Kemp and Broxton. If that is true, we probably have to seriously lessen our expectations.

That also said that the Orioles were the ones asking for Kemp and Broxton. If that is true, we probably have to seriously lessen our expectations.

Kemp is a very young, very talented OF with baseball instinct questions - mostly base running and the jump he gets on balls. Broxton is a very talented young pitcher with endurance (or injury questions). His September meltdown still hasn't been adequately explained to me. Probably endurance, tho.

IMO, Kemp and Broxton for Bedard is not comparable to what the O's could get from several other teams. Kemp, Broxton and a significant third player is well within reason in today's market. Personally I would target Billingsly, and I still prefer Loney to Kemp. I also still think that Pierre will be part of any significant deal between the Dodgers and Orioles.

I wonder if we are beginning to see Colletti start to flail around looking for a solution to a wonderful opportunity (the 2008 NL West) that looks to be slipping away from him.

Stay the course with the Dodgers, Andy is my advice.

Archived