Potential blockbuster with the Dodgers brewing

bigbird

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said I opposed the deal - just that it was very interesting. I am not a big fan of the deal from the Dodgers perspective, so I guess I like the deal from ours. Long story short, I think this deal weakens the bp, provides minimal improvement to the lineup if AJones is signed, and improves the SP from Billingsley to Bedard. By the time AJones is signed, payroll is probably $20+M higher. Would all of this really make the Dodgers the favorite in the NL West?

It's also interesting that we will lower our payroll enough that we can probably eat Gibbons contract this year and still be ahead $-wise.

Regarding the "insane not to accept this deal" comments, let's not act like Kemp, Hu and LaRoche will ALL pan out. It's unlikely that will be the case.

And, isn't anyone interested in what other teams could offer if the Dodgers are offering something perceived as so strong?

I never said I opposed the deal - just that it was very interesting. I am not a big fan of the deal from the Dodgers perspective, so I guess I like the deal from ours. Long story short, I think this deal weakens the bp, provides minimal improvement to the lineup if AJones is signed, and improves the SP from Billingsley to Bedard. By the time AJones is signed, payroll is probably $20+M higher. Would all of this really make the Dodgers the favorite in the NL West?

It's also interesting that we will lower our payroll enough that we can probably eat Gibbons contract this year and still be ahead $-wise.

Regarding the "insane not to accept this deal" comments, let's not act like Kemp, Hu and LaRoche will ALL pan out. It's unlikely that will be the case.

And, isn't anyone interested in what other teams could offer if the Dodgers are offering something perceived as so strong?

No...If we can get these players, no one can come close to it.

Talks for Bedard are at wild right now. So many teams have entered in for Bedard. He may be dealt in the next 12 hours. AM is the most popular man in Nashville right now. Well at the Gaylord that he is.

I can't imagine a trade being consummated between midnight and noon, but I've been wrong before.

Talks for Bedard are at wild right now. So many teams have entered in for Bedard. He may be dealt in the next 12 hours. AM is the most popular man in Nashville right now. Well at the Gaylord that he is.

So MacPhail is pulling an all-nighter?

My other question is how the heck does the media know nothing about this? Does MacPhail make these guys sign an NDA or something?

So MacPhail is pulling an all-nighter?

My other question is how the heck does the media know nothing about this? Does MacPhail make these guys sign an NDA or something?

Well im guessing everyone is done watching MNF now, so its back to business and the beer is flowing like wine.

They don't all have to pan out, and it's very unlikely that Kemp doesn't continue to at least be a solid OF unless he has some terrible injury. He shouldn't be talked about as if he's never played and played very well in the majors.

Sure I'd be interested in what other teams have to offer, but it's very unlikely another team would equal or better this.

Archived