Nick Johnson

waroriole

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he doesn't start to hit and we are not using him as a fielding upgrade at first to guys like Davis than what is his value? You could try and deal him because he wouldn't make it through waivers IMO. I say that we release Gregg and allow Johnson to pitch. He can not do any worse!

I say let him go. If we are going to sign someone of Johnson's caliber, why didn't we spend $2 million for Johnny Damon? Or even $3 million for 1 year? We have plenty of guys that can give Chris Davis a "break" at first base. I've seen one, maybe two, quality at bats out of Nick Johnson this season. He's eating up AB's for someone else. I'd rather have Chavez in LF and Reimold DH. Or have Reynolds DH and Betemit at 3B.

There are just so many better options than Nick Johnson - including guys in AAA.

When healthy, Johnson has produced. It's 15 at-bats.... RELAX!

I am more worried that he is not out there playing gold glove defense at first than the fact that he is 0-15. He better do something that upgrades this team because I could go 0-15 and play first once every 10 games.

I am more worried that he is not out there playing gold glove defense at first than the fact that he is 0-15. He better do something that upgrades this team because I could go 0-15 and play first once every 10 games.

Well said. I'll go up there and strike out looking for $100k instead of what you are paying Nick Johnson, LOL

He is the most likely candidate for a demotion if Roberts returns imho.
After 10 games, yes. But how many games will it be when/if BRob comes back? I think we have the luxury to wait a few more games before we give up on Johnson.

Or... You'd go up there, see three pitches, and sit down. Johnson, worthless as he has been SO FAR, at least looks at ~6 pitches (guess) per at-bat.

Sorry, had too. Nothing personal. For all I know, you may Barry Bonds.

Sorry for not contributing to this discussion.

Archived