• Last Reply
IP: 6 2/3

H: 1

R: 2

BB: 2

SO: 7

Pitches 107 64s

2012 ERA 4.01

Pretty solid but like to see him get deeper into the game.

Hey, you stole my thunder. :laughlol:

Seriously though, thanks for that stats. :)

IP: 6 2/3

H: 1

R: 2

BB: 2

SO: 7

Pitches 107 64s

2012 ERA 4.01

Pretty solid but like to see him get deeper into the game.

"Pretty solid?". He allowed three base runners in 6.2 innings! By the way, the second run charged to Tillman was when he was relived with two outs and a runner on first and the reliever allowed a homer. Dominant outing by Tillman.

"Pretty solid?". He allowed three base runners in 6.2 innings! By the way, the second run charged to Tillman was when he was relived with two outs and a runner on first and the reliever allowed a homer. Dominant outing by Tillman.

Uh,yessir. Upgraded to dominant.;)

He was actually better than the (incorrect) posted line indicates. Tillman only walked one.

The kid pitched 5 perfect innings with 5 Ks, allowed a solo HR for the only hit of the game in the 6th, got two outs in the 7th with one walked batter and left the game. That is flat out dominant.

Amateurish almost. Hey, just the facts. Seems I screwed those up, too. OFF, you're up. :o

Got it. :)

CHRIS TILLMAN O(June 6th)

IP:o 6.67

H:o. 1

R:O. 2

BB:. 1

SO:. 7

Pitches: 107 (64 Strikes, 43 Balls)

2012 ERA: 4.01

Two really good starts in a row. I say, what's the hurry. Let's seem him do it for at least a couple of more starts. He's gone up and down enough. Let's make sure it's for real. The best part of the last two games is the walks/strikeout ratio.

Agreed he shouldn't be rushed or pressured, but Jake Arrieta just might be the hurry.

What's interesting is hailing back to the JustD comment earlier of no baserunners. Tillman was able to pitch for most of the game with no baserunners. Not necessarily saying there is a correlation, but certainly something that has me keeping my eye on this.

Two really good starts in a row. I say, what's the hurry. Let's seem him do it for at least a couple of more starts. He's gone up and down enough. Let's make sure it's for real. The best part of the last two games is the walks/strikeout ratio.

I agree in principle. Apparently the development team is not 100% pleased with Britton's stuff at the moment. We'll see what happens.

I agree in principle. Apparently the development team is not 100% pleased with Britton's stuff at the moment. We'll see what happens.

Have you had a chance to watch/scout him, RVA? My notes on the start from the other thread:

Eh. He was only 89-92 for much of his most recent start (according to the announcers, by the stadium gun). He gained velo as the start went on, though - and was 93 and 94 for his 7th K in the 6th. Be nice to get a report to know for sure. I don't expect Tillman to be a mid-90s guy, but if he can sit 92-94 that would be solid.

Watching the game, Tillman doesn't look filthy, but he's getting a decent number of swings and misses. He threw his change-up more, and his arm action was good on it (he generated swings and misses, including going back-to-back changes for a K on Florimon), but it didn't have a ton of fade. He used the big curve more than his other breaking pitches - he generated two swings and misses with it before giving up a HR to Ramirez on a slider/cutter that wasn't terribly located, but caught a bit too much of the outside part of the plate. He's throwing it for strikes at times, and burying it, too.

In both starts, it looks like batters are having trouble getting a good look at what he's throwing. His wind-up has been simplified- he's starting from almost a stretch position, and goes straight to it (though he still cocks the ball behind his back). The HR in the 6th was the only hard hit ball in the start.

Of note, before giving up the HR in the sixth, Tillman had thrown 11 perfect innings between his last two starts.

Archived