Nat's calling up Harper on Sat

Can_of_corn

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mean even in the game last night after he flied out to left it looked like he bumped right into the first base ump on the way back to the dugout.

Oh, good lord. He turned right (after actually running the hit out) and the umpire was right there. He dipped his shoulder so he didn't smash into him.

Harper definitely looks like he belongs.

As a side note, and I'm sure someone has already said this, but that was a fantastic game last night. I stayed up and watched it at a friend's house and we were all highly entertained despite not being a fan of either team. That crowd was ridiculous last night. Kemp is an absolute monster.

As a side note, and I'm sure someone has already said this, but that was a fantastic game last night. I stayed up and watched it at a friend's house and we were all highly entertained despite not being a fan of either team. That crowd was ridiculous last night. Kemp is an absolute monster.

Crowd was great. They seem to like that Kemp guy. And Harper was getting booed pretty good. 50,000 people for his debut in a different city and they were really just there to boo him. He's going to get that a lot in every city he goes to. If he can withstand it and not let it get to him and even let it motivate it then he's going to be a heck of a player because he has all of the tools to truly excel.

Totally agree. One of the most entertaining baseball games of the year, and like you I had no rooting interest other than just enjoying watching some incredible ballplayers on both teams.

Crowd was great. They seem to like that Kemp guy. And Harper was getting booed pretty good. 50,000 people for his debut in a different city and they were really just there to boo him. He's going to get that a lot in every city he goes to. If he can withstand it and not let it get to him and even let it motivate it then he's going to be a heck of a player because he has all of the tools to truly excel.

He's been dealing with it since about age 12 -- I don't think the booing or razzing will touch him.

He smoked that double. Also loved seeing him sprint out that comebacker. If he plays hard like that every game, he'll be a fan favorite, arrogant or not.

I agree. I would be lying if I said I didn't watch parts of his first two games. That throw he made from left was unbelievable and I too noticed the all out hustle on the come backer on his first at bat. He's going to be a very good player for a very long time.

Awesome. Can't wait.
Yeah. I mean, college freshman getting called up. Touted as one of the most exciting prospects of all time.

Forget that! The triple-slash isn't sexy at AA/AAA so no way would I want to see him play NOW!

No offense, but this is crazy talk, Frobby...

He's awesome. Have to say I love the younger pieces in this Nationals organization. Fun team to watch, and there could be a handful more exciting kids coming through over the next few years.
Harper will be a DC favorite quickly. Glad to see him up with the big club. Glad I get to watch his career unfold from the beginning.
It really is, and fans will be able to see it regularly, now. One of those players who, when you first get the chance to see him, you realize you'll always remember him. My first look was back in 2008 or 2009, and I remember thinking "this might be the best baseball player I ever see". I can honestly say he has become more and more impressive each year -- what a talent.
He's been dealing with it since about age 12 -- I don't think the booing or razzing will touch him.

I do believe the beaner-Derek Jeter man-crush has been surpassed.

Archived