Nat's calling up Harper on Sat

Can_of_corn

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He smoked that double. Also loved seeing him sprint out that comebacker. If he plays hard like that every game, he'll be a fan favorite, arrogant or not.

He's certainly giving it his all. I've never seen someone hustle so hard on that little come-backer he hit to Billingsley in his first at-bat.

Harper gets his first hit, a shot that hit the CF wall on the fly. He was thinking look at me, look at me as he tossed his helmet off gliding into second.

That is how I took it anyway. Not sure how reaching up and ripping off your helmet makes you run faster.

That's about as perfect a throw you can make on that play. The speed and hustle were impressive as well. I'll give him a pass on the helmet. I think the helmet was starting to bobble a little on his head and just decided to flip it off so it didn't come off down the front of his face. Just very impressive but let's remember that he wasn't tearing the cover off of the ball in AAA so I'm interested to see how he does with the bat.

As I said above, that's how I took it also. Very impressive debut - not overmatched and fits right in. Amazing skill set!

That is how I took it anyway. Not sure how reaching up and ripping off your helmet makes you run faster.

I was thinking maybe the helmet was bobbing up and down (first game, borrowed helmet??)...you ever run full speed with a helmet that didnt fit perfect? Not fun...

As I said above, that's how I took it also. Very impressive debut - not overmatched and fits right in. Amazing skill set!

It really is, and fans will be able to see it regularly, now. One of those players who, when you first get the chance to see him, you realize you'll always remember him. My first look was back in 2008 or 2009, and I remember thinking "this might be the best baseball player I ever see". I can honestly say he has become more and more impressive each year -- what a talent.

Archived