Nat's calling up Harper on Sat

Can_of_corn

It really is, and fans will be able to see it regularly, now. One of those players who, when you first get the chance to see him, you realize you'll always remember him. My first look was back in 2008 or 2009, and I remember thinking "this might be the best baseball player I ever see". I can honestly say he has become more and more impressive each year -- what a talent.

Do you think his relative lack of success at AA and AAA increases his bust chances?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you think his relative lack of success at AA and AAA increases his bust chances?

Not in the least. He's the highest grade I've ever given to an amateur (64), and he's be the highest grade I've ever given to a Minor Leaguer (68). His make-up is going to drive him through his struggles as he finishes refining.

Did I say it was? Natspride was talking about how his "swag" is the good kind. I was just inquiring. Being older and painfully Caucasian I am not fully versed in the concept of "swag".

Bringing up the "blown kiss" without providing the context is kind of a dishonest presentation of his on-field character. That's my only point.

Bringing up the "blown kiss" without providing the context is kind of a dishonest presentation of his on-field character. That's my only point.

At least I didn't mention about how he got himself kicked out of the playoffs when he was in college.

I agree he has a great skill set.

I do not approve with how he has thus far conducted himself on the diamond. Natspride calls it "swag" I have a different name for it.

At least I didn't mention about how he got himself kicked out of the playoffs when he was in college.

I agree he has a great skill set.

I do not approve with how he has thus far conducted himself on the diamond. Natspride calls it "swag" I have a different name for it.

And, respectfully, I don't think you know enough about how he conducts himself on the diamond to formulate an informed opinion.

I'm not a big fan of it (nor do I think it takes being something other than Caucasian to understand), but it's prevalent across the major sports, and has been for some time. Now, perhaps he hasn't "earned the right" to act that way, but there always have been and always will be players who behave in a similar manner. Anyway, I don't typically care for it, even from players I root for, but there are going to be a lot of Nats fans who will love it. It's similar to a Papelbon where you hate to see him play against your team with his cockiness, but if he was your closer most people would love the "fire".

Harper says he does not wear #34, he wears a "3 and a 4, which equals 7." It's a tribute to Mantle. He is a Yankee in his heart, and that's obviously his goal.

This, in itself, is okay. I just don't like the way he rubs the Nats noses in it. Right now and for the next several years he is a Nat, act like it. Stop with the Yankee crap already.

Archived