Berken & Pomeranz Up ; Hunter & Paulino Down

Brendan25

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very interested in watching Pomeranz. If he shows off and Britton comes back, the O's will have an interesting dilemma. I personally think Hunter belongs on the roster in long relief.

Ultimately, I'd like to see this:

1: Hammel, 2: Arrieta, 3: Britton, 4: Matusz, 5: Chen

6: Pomeranz, 7: Patton, 8: Hunter, 9: Lindstrom, 10: Ayala, 11: Strop, 12: Johnson

Berken in the minors. Gregg somewhere else. That team can pitch.

Interesting...

My guess is somehow Hunter will be recalled before his next start, or that Eveland will make a start until Hunter can be recalled.

No can do. Once a player is sent down, he can't be called back up for 10 days (unless someone goes on the DL).

I'm very interested in watching Pomeranz. If he shows off and Britton comes back, the O's will have an interesting dilemma. I personally think Hunter belongs on the roster in long relief.

Ultimately, I'd like to see this:

1: Hammel, 2: Arrieta, 3: Britton, 4: Matusz, 5: Chen

6: Pomeranz, 7: Patton, 8: Hunter, 9: Lindstrom, 10: Ayala, 11: Strop, 12: Johnson

Berken in the minors. Gregg somewhere else. That team can pitch.

When is eventually because Chen has been leaps and bounds better than Matusz and Britton will still have a lot to prove when he gets back. I like your roster, just curious about your thought process there.

When is eventually because Chen has been leaps and bounds better than Matusz and Britton will still have a lot to prove when he gets back. I like your roster, just curious about your thought process there.

I have a feeling Chen progressively gets worse as the season goes on. How bad he gets I'm not sure. But the combination of him being use to a 6 man rotation plus the AL seeing him a 2nd and 3rd time will not bode well.

Britt told me that she heard he is bullpen for now.

Of course it's "for now" because the need him for the Ranger series if the starters can't go deep with the pen exhausted. However, if we escape the Rangers series without Berken being taxed and the bullpen better rested, it makes a lot of sense to just start him against the Rays instead of making another move.

Archived