Jeffrey Maier

weams

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you're saying that all umps will throw away their integrity for the right situation?

I am talking about that moment. It would have been difficult for any umpire to overturn a possible game-winning home run during a pennant race by Don Mattingly in Yankee Stadium at that time. I believe umpires for the most part have integrity and try to get it right.

Looking at the replay, it's definitely fan interference. But as someone who umpires at the high school level, I don't make a call like that unless I'm convinced it's the right call (just like ruling there wasn't a touching on a sweep tag, etc). It would be very difficult for a field umpire, even if one has broke towards left field on their rotation, to see that happen well enough in real time to have the confidence to make that call.

If you want perfection in the calls, you'll have to put in instant replay review all across the board.

I'm just keeping a note in the back of my head that the O's won last night's game 5-0. Absolutely no doubt that was fan interference. And another piece of evidence in favor of keeping all Yankee fans roped off in left field upper deck area. If you're wearing visiting colors or openly rooting for the visitors, you don't get to sit in the lower deck, or the good seats in the upper deck. Period.

And if one wears a "Yankees S**k" t-shirt, he gets a voucher for a free hot dog and drink.

It's time to take back the Yard!

After seeing the gif posted, argument over. My opinion has not changed ever since I first saw the supposedly HR live.

What I really think is hilarious, is the little weenie Skank fan, who talks smack to Avery after the play, look like a dang sissy during the play. He's the one on the right, crouching down, eyes closed and his hands up in the air, trying to protect his pretty face. What a puss.

LMAO at how he tries to shrink away while the fat mama with the perm and teenagers are all up trying to get the baseball.

Listening to Buck after the game he seemed to imply he could of requested they view it. But he was sure the Yankee loving review people would just give it to them.

I'm sure Chen wouldn't have minded him "taking that chance"! :)

If he would have requested it would have been reviewed most likely.

Here is a scenario that noone has talked about yet. At that point in the game, Chen was around 90-95 pitches and I'm sure getting tired. It's a 4-2 game. I understand that the HR was a big part of the game, but do you want to risk Chen standing out there for 10-15 minutes with his pitch count where it was at until they decide and then have him try to get back loose again?

If he would have requested it would have been reviewed most likely.

Here is a scenario that noone has talked about yet. At that point in the game, Chen was around 90-95 pitches and I'm sure getting tired. It's a 4-2 game. I understand that the HR was a big part of the game, but do you want to risk Chen standing out there for 10-15 minutes with his pitch count where it was at until they decide and then have him try to get back loose again?

The reviews usually take 2-3 minutes. Its not the NFL.

Archived