vs. NATIONALS 5/20

OFFNY

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You play to win the game.

Yeah, you plan to win games that you're winning - not games you're down by 3 after winning a series on the road against a top NL team with a hot hitting team coming to your stadium for 3 games the next day.

You put Eveland out there, and if the offense gets us back in it, then you go to some more reliable guys in higher leverage situations.

Yeah, you plan to win games that you're winning - not games you're down by 3 after winning a series on the road against a top NL team with a hot hitting team coming to your stadium for 3 games the next day.

You put Eveland out there, and if the offense gets us back in it, then you go to some more reliable guys in higher leverage situations.

You play to win the game, and I guess Buck is doing what he thinks is best to win the game.

You play to win the game, and I guess Buck is doing what he thinks is best to win the game.

I think Buck's logic was, bring in O'Day, a more reliable bet to stop the bleeding through the 6th. If we don't get back into the game by then, hand it over to Eveland and hope for the best. If we do get back into it by then, do what it takes to win.

That's logical, I just don't agree with it. I'm a big Buck fan, but it doesn't mean I have to blindly accept every decision he makes either.

Archived