vs. NATIONALS 5/20

OFFNY

Good call - this is embarrassing, but I actually completely brain farted on Eveland being out there. He's the perfect guy to put out there for the duration of this game.

This is another cheesy cliche, but Eveland is sort of playing with house money today ........ not completely, because he is only a phone call away from being back in AAA ....... but sort of.

He was excellent in his 3 shutout innings against the Royals when we needed it badly. He can relax a little, knowing that he has already given a good account of himself in saving a long, draining game for us.

I'm almost always a glass-is-half-full guy. :o

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. We just look half-a-step too slow for the game today. The (non-)plays by Davis and Markakis really hurt.* And an 0-2 HR to a pitcher? Ugh.

*Not that I'm blaming Nick. Would've been a heckuva play.

Should Davis of had that ball, I never saw a good replay, I know he could of had it.

The Nationals were really giving this game to us in the first few innings. We had 3 runs early, and Strasburg was up to 49 pitches after only 2 innings.

It's too bad that we have given that girft right back to them, although the game is not over yet.

Archived