Ortiz comments

Moose Milligan

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7958314/david-ortiz-boston-red-sox-says-gets-no-respect-team-leader

Man, the Sox fans really suck. Ortiz would be a God if he did all he's done in Baltimore.

Everything I hear, Ortiz still is a god in Boston...

Maybe Baltimore might act the same way if, after winning 2 world series and getting used to winning, the team just starts to implode. Hopefully we would have more hindsight to remember the stretch we're currently in... but you never know until you're there.

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7958314/david-ortiz-boston-red-sox-says-gets-no-respect-team-leader

Man, the Sox fans really suck. Ortiz would be a God if he did all he's done in Baltimore.

Everything I hear, Ortiz still is a god in Boston...

Maybe Baltimore might act the same way if, after winning 2 world series and getting used to winning, the team just starts to implode. Hopefully we would have more hindsight to remember the stretch we're currently in... but you never know until you're there.

"I don't get no respect," he said. "Not from the media. Not from the front office. What I do is never the right thing. It's always hiding, for somebody to find out."
I haven't heard any complaints from fans or on the sports talk radio about Ortiz. He's hitting; he came into this year in the best shape I remember seeing. Now, don't get me wrong. A couple years ago when he had a real, real slow start and all the calls into the shows were calling for him to be dumped, but that's just how the fans are in Boston now. Well, the vocal minority, at least.

The media in Boston has a habit of being able to sour fans on previous favorites, conveniently just as they are run out of town. Nomar, Pedro, Manny. The list goes on. Now, I don't think they're running Ortiz out of town, but I can understand the frustration with the media. The part about the front office is really interesting, though.

I haven't heard any complaints from fans or on the sports talk radio about Ortiz. He's hitting; he came into this year in the best shape I remember seeing. Now, don't get me wrong. A couple years ago when he had a real, real slow start and all the calls into the shows were calling for him to be dumped, but that's just how the fans are in Boston now. Well, the vocal minority, at least.

The media in Boston has a habit of being able to sour fans on previous favorites, conveniently just as they are run out of town. Nomar, Pedro, Manny. The list goes on. Now, I don't think they're running Ortiz out of town, but I can understand the frustration with the media. The part about the front office is really interesting, though.

Jim Rice, too. :(

Jim Rice, too. :(

Rice may have had a testy relationship with the Boston media and fans, but he was never run out of town. He played every inning of his career there. Now, Reggie Smith, on the other hand. . .

And before we get too comfortable in the saddles of our high horses, let's not forget what happened to Eddie Murray in Baltimore.

Rice may have had a testy relationship with the Boston media and fans, but he was never run out of town. He played every inning of his career there. Now, Reggie Smith, on the other hand. . .

And before we get too comfortable in the saddles of our high horses, let's not forget what happened to Eddie Murray in Baltimore.

Here's what I remember about the Eddie Murray situation. He pretty much had a testy relationship with the sportswriters in town. From what I recall, the fans were pretty supportive of Eddie through most of his career here. He started hearing boos after he failed to hustle on some routine ground balls. He had a hand in the change of scenery (Trade to LA0 IMO.

Here's what I remember about the Eddie Murray situation. He pretty much had a testy relationship with the sportswriters in town. From what I recall, the fans were pretty supportive of Eddie through most of his career here. He started hearing boos after he failed to hustle on some routine ground balls. He had a hand in the change of scenery (Trade to LA0 IMO.

I kind of remember that they had to DH Eddie at home to avoid fans booing him too much. The owner and media started it but the fans followed.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Archived