Bedard and the Reds(again)

weemnj

I did add the winter league to that total. I think he threw somewhere around 160 innings during the regular season.

Keep dreaming about these Reds trade ideas because they are science fiction right now. I wouldn't mind seeing Erik in a Reds uniform next year but the O's won't get all of the Reds top prospects for him. Wayne may be the butt of a lot of jokes here but he's not that stupid to trade away the team's future for potentially only two years of a pitcher even if he is an awesome one like Erik.

If he were offered Bedard and Burres for Votto, Cueto, Hamilton, Encarnacion, and Keppinger, would that be an acceptable offer to Krivsky which allow him to keep both Bruce and Bailey and still get Bedard and what would probably be the Reds' 5th starter...

If its true, that the Dodgers ultimately give up Kemp, Larcoche, Hu, and Elbert/McDonald/Meloan...

Cueto > Elbert/McDonald/Meloan

Laroche > Encarnacion (but not by a lot)

Hu > Keppinger

So we have Votto and Hamilton which is > Kemp

Is the difference between Votto\Hamilton and Kemp bigger than the cost of giving up Burres? I think so...

And that still leaves room for Pie in CF (shifting Hamilton to LF) or Murton in LF (keeping Hamilton in CF) and possibly Wood at SS (shifting Keppinger to 2b).

If the deals are whittled down and we are getting less value than the Dodgers deal above, then adding a starter like Cabrera/Penn/Olson to the Reds deal (while taking Burres out) would work as well.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he were offered Bedard and Burres for Votto, Cueto, Hamilton, Encarnacion, and Keppinger, would that be an acceptable offer to Krivsky which allow him to keep both Bruce and Bailey and still get Bedard and what would probably be the Reds' 5th starter...

This to me is the ideal trade to transform this team.

I would be careful on Hamilton...Obviously he is and always has been a great talent but you he is also a classic sell high candidate right now...in a similar way Guthrie is for us, although for different reasons.

I wouldn't mind him but only in a 4-5 player deal and only if we definitely couldn't get Bruce.

The Reds keep saying they won't include Bruce but how for sure is that?

Krivsky isn't the sharpest pencil in the box, so you never know.

I think the Reds could be in on this more than anyone thinks.

We won't get Bruce and Bailey in the same deal but I do think I would prefer Cueto over Bailey.

I just wonder if they would have any interest with anyone else on our team??

I speculated a few months ago about Miggy to them...Would they be interested in adding him?

Krivsky definitely overvalues relievers...Maybe Walker or Bradford?

Bruce, Votto and Cueto for Bedard and Walker or Bradford??? If this can be done, I am not sure there is an offer out there that is better.

Bruce trumps everyone by a good margin IMO.

According to an article in the Cincinnati Enquirer this morning, the Reds really want Bedard, and were disappointed that they didn't come back from Nashville with him. Article says that one source in the Cincy FO is "75 per cent sure" that a deal will get done.

Cincy Enquirer article

Quote from the article:

It's not a stretch to say that next season's success hinges on getting someone like Bedard.

If the Reds can land Bedard, they instantly become a contender in the National League Central.

Also says there is no deal that will persuade them to let go of Bruce, however.

According to an article in the Cincinnati Enquirer this morning, the Reds really want Bedard, and were disappointed that they didn't come back from Nashville with him. Article says that one source in the Cincy FO is "75 per cent sure" that a deal will get done.

Cincy Enquirer article

Quote from the article:

It's not a stretch to say that next season's success hinges on getting someone like Bedard.

If the Reds can land Bedard, they instantly become a contender in the National League Central.

Also says there is no deal that will persuade them to let go of Bruce, however.

He is untouchable, but don't be afraid to ask for him. :rolleyes:

I look at this way, this Reds rumor (confirmed by the article above) can only help pry those last pieces that AM wants for Bedard from the Dodgers or the Mariners. This is only a good thing. IF the Reds offer Bruce, the Dodgers will have to up the ante.

If the Reds offer Bruce we have to accept ASAP.

Would that force the Dodgers to add Billingsly and Kemp. I have no idea about how the prospects rank. So this is an honest question. I think everyone had said that would be a great deal for us, so would that work?

Can someone post the info on the reds prospects listed in the post above and Bruce. I don't even know where to find them, thanks in advance.

The Reds won't offer Bruce because they don't have to. A deal including Votto, Cueto or Bailey, Hamilton, and Encarnacion would be nearly impossible to turn down, IMO.

So it sounds as if the Reds are the only team that has the prospects and maybe the desire to part with valuable prospects without touching their #1?

He will not be offered. He would have to be pried loose.

Meaning, the Reds would be the ones finally accepting.

But I like a deal here even without Bruce. Those who have not yet checked out Cueto, really should. How many 21-year-old SPs breeze through A+ to AAA in a season without even a little bump in the road? He was better in AA than in high-A. And how many 21 YO pitchers have the kind of command that racks up 6/1 and 7/1 K/BB ratios?

No wonder Sickels has him over Homer Bailey.

Votto, Cueto, Encarnacion... I would the pull trigger on that one instantly.

Isn't Kershaw the Dodgers #1 prospect? They don't have to deal him to make a deal. I think most of the deals I've seen on here are overly optimistic. Most of the ones we've seen reported are most likely what the Orioles have asked for. The ones we don't like are most likely the ones that were offered by the other team. I think right now we have no idea which team will step up with the best offer.

Ok, with all these names being tossed around, it is hard to keep this stuff straight. Thanks

Archived