Huge crowds this weekend?

Frobby

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll say under. Philly fans are fair weather at best, and the Phils are struggling. Also, prime prices could keep folks away. But, nice weather, school being out and a team close by could make it packed. Plus, they could be watching their 1st place Baltimore Orioles.

I guess I was way off.

That was the biggest weekend at OPACY since July 31 - Aug. 2, 2009 vs. Boston. Nice to see even if there were a lot of Philly fans in attendance.

Philly has been doing excellent with attendance this season as they rank 1st in the MLB with average attendance. According to ESPN they average about 44,894 fans per game which is about 102.9% of their capacity.

Philly has been doing excellent with attendance this season as they rank 1st in the MLB with average attendance. According to ESPN they average about 44,894 fans per game which is about 102.9% of their capacity.

Think if I call an anonymous tip line and tell the Philly police they are over capacity the fire marshall will show up and ask all to "disperse. Nothing to see here. Please disperse. Nothing to see here."

It's like giving 110% effort. If they can sell an extra 3% tickets, are they losing money other nights when they say they sell out earlier then possible? I'm just not smart enough and get confused easily. Is a sell-out 100% of tickets sold or 102.9% of tickets sold? And if you can sell 102.9% capacity, why didn't you sell 105% capacity? Much of this question comes from enjoying a Woodford Reserve on the rocks. :leaving:

Archived