Tough to listen to

warrior21

Listening to Hunter and Dempsey call a game is really not fun. Not as bad as Hawk, but it's up there. Manfra is equally terrible, so I can't listen to the radio either. Thorne, despite the name flubs at times is really a gem, as is Angel. I can tolerate Palmer as well, only because the stories, candid observations and his chemistry with Thorne.

But it begs the question: are there really no better candidates who would want/can do the job?

(And is I'm ready to post, Dempsey pronounces Ichiro 'Ishiro'

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Listening to Hunter and Dempsey call a game is really not fun. Not as bad as Hawk, but it's up there. Manfra is equally terrible, so I can't listen to the radio either. Thorne, despite the name flubs at times is really a gem, as is Angel. I can tolerate Palmer as well, only because the stories, candid observations and his chemistry with Thorne.

But it begs the question: are there really no better candidates who would want/can do the job?

(And is I'm ready to post, Dempsey pronounces Ichiro 'Ishiro'

Agree Dempsey is bad, but I really like Fred Manfra.

Bordick is bad, but he's not annoying. He's just really bad. Dempsey is bad AND annoying.

Demsepy tries though. This is always who Demspey has been. A guy who likes to talk baseball, and one who actually has stories to tell. Bordick seems uncomfortable and forced and has awkward prolonged pauses and really doesn't know a lot of stuff. Bordick may not be annoying, but I'll take annoying over awkward.

Right, plus Bordick is getting better. Dempsey has been on TV for a long time, and he's still awful. Combined with Hunter, it's just torture.

There was no lower point in MASN history than Dempsey's joke about wife-beating.

Archived