Tillman

whynot38

Palmer thought he had the good fastball...often got 2 strikes and then nibbled with the curve. He either needs to prove early he can throw it for strikes or cut it way back ...It killed his pitch count , the pen , and cost us the game and our SP for Saturday.

Wasnt effective at all against the Royals with his curve. Hitters sat fastball.

Against Sox, the curve was better. But threw too many poor pitches. Hitters waited, walked, or sat fastball. Just real bad execution.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Terrible approach by Wieters.

I agree. WAY too many curve balls and way too few changeups. Tilly's fastball didn't look bad, threw a decent cutter a few times but I really don't get why so many curve balls were called. His fastball/change up speed differential is too good to not be used more often.

Very disappointed in Tillman the last few times out.Certainly looking a lot like the old Tillman in regards to not commanding the pitches well enough and not being pitch efficient. I'll just leave things at I'm pretty uncomfortable with sending Tillman out every 5th day in a pennant race. However, he's almost assuredly one of our 5 best options so it is what it is.

Very disappointed in Tillman the last few times out.Certainly looking a lot like the old Tillman in regards to not commanding the pitches well enough and not being pitch efficient. I'll just leave things at I'm pretty uncomfortable with sending Tillman out every 5th day in a pennant race. However, he's almost assuredly one of our 5 best options so it is what it is.

He is what he is, a #5 at best.

Are you saying he is #5 at best right now or that is his baseball future?

I think that's his baseball future. I still don't see much of an improvement here. His initial start back in the bigs this year was excellent and the flu game was nice but...it's always more of the same. 20+ pitch innings, spotty control, barely getting past 5, tightrope walking all along...and sometimes not even that.

Gonna need a big offensive output tonight. At least Lucky Jim isn't here to tell me about how great he looked in the minors this year. :rolleyes:

Gonna need a big offensive output tonight. At least Lucky Jim isn't here to tell me about how great he looked in the minors this year. :rolleyes:

Watch out Moose, I'm still lurking. :D Still think Tillman is going to have you eating some crow in the coming years.

Archived