I'm just tired

SilentJames

I have devoted the last seven years of my life to following this team.

Seven summers of heart break, writing, research and arguing. I try to look on the brightside, I try to stay positive. I get ridiculed for that, I have lived and died with this team.

I have defended a position from the needless snark of bloggers and posters. All I have ever asked was just one year to keep it going.

It's over, I'm done.

I have tickets for tomorrow.

I'm in the pressbox Sunday.

I'll go, but I'm not even really looking forward to it.

Moose wins. I'll finish out this season then I'm probably hanging up the blogging. I'm just tired.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're Silent James.

I remember hearing you yell "Rodrigo gives a hoot" in the upper reserves of an Opening Day game 6 or 7 years ago that I was at.

You'll feel better tomorrow morning and everything will be fine.

That said, I understand completely. But knowing you, I'm sure you'll pull out of it. I haven't always looked for the optimistic, but even I always bounce back. I'm tired too.

It's just pointless.

My optimism won't make the team win, and even if it does nothing really changes in my immediate life save for another t-shirt to buy.

Its not like some fantastic second career is coming out of my ramblings on here or in my blog. I'm essentially writing the same thing, over and over again and have been for SEVEN YEARS.

I know my wife is tired of my mood being affected by the Orioles and baseball in general. I know the team is trying to win, I know all is being done can be done but I'm tired of the seemingly cosmic barrier in the way of any success.

I have devoted the last seven years of my life to following this team.

Seven summers of heart break, writing, research and arguing. I try to look on the brightside, I try to stay positive. I get ridiculed for that, I have lived and died with this team.

I have defended a position from the needless snark of bloggers and posters. All I have ever asked was just one year to keep it going.

It's over, I'm done.

I have tickets for tomorrow.

I'm in the pressbox Sunday.

I'll go, but I'm not even really looking forward to it.

Moose wins. I'll finish out this season then I'm probably hanging up the blogging. I'm just tired.

Its a bit of a let down seeing the team struggle. Totally get and feel that also. Being fair though our expectations going into spring training were not all that high if you made an honest evaluation of the team. They have far exceeded what I expected, showed some signs of life in the international market, continue to bring in high quality arms like Bundy and Gaussman, things are heading up..... don't give up now...you been through the worst. The climb back to respectability will have peaks and valleys but for the first time in years I have some hope this team might be heading at least remotely in the right direction.

Hang in there... your not alone :)

I wrote a post during the world series last year basically begging the Orioles to give me a winning baseball team while I was still young enough to enjoy it.

I'm 29.

I am getting to the point that I have far more important things to spend my time on. All the books I could read, all the essays I could write. The money I would save!

BTW, James, you're ONLY on year 7? I'm on year 25 with just flickers of success....talk to me then lol.

I think he's referencing year 7 of his blogging.

He's lead the "O-R-I-O-L-E-S" cheer longer. He'll be fine.

Have your 13th buddy! ;)

At the same time, there's nothing wrong with pulling back a little and not being 100% hardcore. I've gotten to the point where the mood swings are still there, but they are a million times less severe than they used to be about this stuff. I know your wife's a pretty big fan too, so I can appreciate the impact that the Orioles sucktitude has on both of you, especially given your level of commitment.

Never to high, never to low. After this poor stretch, we're still 4 games over .500 and in a 3-way tie for the WC. If Hammel's injury is serious, we're done though, no matter what moves we make.

It sucks to be an orioles fan, it has for a long time now. You should never let baseball run your life, though. If you want to walk away from it then walk away from it, but still, I think this is just a reactionary thread that would never have been created if the O's won 7-2 instead of lost 7-2. Sorry if im out of line posting in here as a newbie to the board btw.

Archived