vs. Indians 7/22 Zach on HOF Day

weams

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really hate the bunt there. Tomlin does not have ML stuff. You don't give him outs. Buck bunts way too often. My #1 qualm with him.

Strange... I don't think Buck bunts enough. When we are playing stinky ball there have been times I wish he had called for a sac bunt.

If either nick or JJ had gotten a hit, we would have most likely had a run score.

More reason not to do it. (If you're arguing against it as well my apologies!)

I prefer American League baseball. Earl Weaver taught me that giving up one of the 27 outs early in the game was not correct. If you play for one run, all you get is one. If that.

I prefer American League baseball. Earl Weaver taught me that giving up one of the 27 outs early in the game was not correct. If you play for one run, all you get is one. If that.

Yeah, bunting is only really a good strategy in a game where you're trying to put across the winning run/tying run later in the game. Bunting with a man on 1st and no outs should almost never happen, unless it's a pitcher laying down the bunt. ESPECIALLY in the 2nd innning. Especially against an extremely hittable pitcher. Really an absurd move.

Our problem of course has been those darn double plays. And I think Buck is trying to mix things up so that doesn't kill all of our rallies.

One game this week, he started Thome (or hit and run...) from first. Groundball stopped the DP. Extended the inning.

Archived