Worst owner in sports?

ravens56

The Clippers have never won league, Conference, or Division titles in their 40-year history. Overall, their winning percentage through the years is .363, with 1227 wins and 2150 losses.

That is the problem with letting the gut perform functions it is not designed to do.

What sucks about this Angelos v Sterling debate is its a posterchild for the cliche "worlds tallest midget."

Let's hope Bundy and Machado become our Griffin and Paul because we know the Clippers have two superstars on their team. But yeah the Clippers have sucked much more than I thought. But I havent been following NBA too closely since I root for the Wizards and there's only so much wretchedness a fan can take over the years from multiple teams simultaneously.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh I agree with that point. And it was obvious to everyone in SoFla how big a waste of time that stadium was. Nobody cared about the Marlins down here before that stadium. One or two levels above nobody cares abou them now.

It was a grand con.

But to that point while the taxpayers may have paid for the Marlins stadium. Just about every cable TV viewer between Harrisburg and Charlotte is paying their Angelos tax every month to Comcast and other similar providers and they didn't get to vote on that.

Good post, I'm out of rep. You should post more.

Dan Snyder invests in his team. Jeffrey Loria's Marlins have won two WS during his tenure. This question is so obvious, yet it boggles my mind with some of the names you all come up with.

Jeffrey Loria's Marlins have won 1 World Series during his tenure. He didn't come into the picture until 2002, 5 years after the Marlins had won the 1997 World Series. Wayne Huizenga owned the Marlins from 1993-1998, and John W. Henry owned them from 1999-2001.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Miami_Marlins_owners_and_executives

Jeffrey Loria's Marlins have won 1 World Series during his tenure. He didn't come into the picture until 2002, 5 years after the Marlins had won the 1997 World Series. Wayne Huizenga owned the Marlins from 1993-1998, and John W. Henry owned them from 1999-2001.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Miami_Marlins_owners_and_executives

Loria-1 WS, Angelos-14 consecutive losing seasons

Enough said

Dan Snyder invests in his team. Jeffrey Loria's Marlins have won two WS during his tenure. This question is so obvious, yet it boggles my mind with some of the names you all come up with.

If it is so obvious, then why would you start a thread, except to stir the pot?

Loria-1 WS, Angelos-14 consecutive losing seasons

Enough said

That's not what you said. You said Loria had 2 World Series titles in his tenure, and he doesn't. He has one.

Jeffrey Loria's Marlins have won two WS during his tenure. This question is so obvious, yet it boggles my mind with some of the names you all come up with.

Try using a little intellectual honesty, although the fact that you started this thread without putting Angelos' name in your OP and placed it in the Orioles Talk section tells me that you probably won't.

Loria's business model may be a little unconventional but I wouldn't call him the worst owner in baseball. He goes from extreme buying mode in the offseason to extreme selling mode once they are out of the race. You can be pretty well assured he will be offering outrageous contracts again this winter. Remember, he had higher bids offered to both Pujols and Wilson before they signed with the Angles.

The guy is not afraid to spend money and will probably win another world series before we do.

Loria's business model may be a little unconventional but I wouldn't call him the worst owner in baseball. He goes from extreme buying mode in the offseason to extreme selling mode once they are out of the race. You can be pretty well assured he will be offering outrageous contracts again this winter. Remember, he had higher bids offered to both Pujols and Wilson before they signed with the Angles.

The guy is not afraid to spend money and will probably win another world series before we do.

He won't be offering outrageous contracts again.

Word is the reason he signed Johnson to a market value extension is that the Union was leaning on him for keeping payroll too low.

For years he basically paid his payroll with revenue sharing money and pocketed the rest. His 2006 payroll was under 15 million, in 2008 is was under 22 million (less then half the next lowest team)

I imagine he had visions of a packed house every night for his new star studded team. When they turned out to be 18th in attendance (before they collapsed), he quickly reverted back to skinflint mode.

Sterling has to get serious consideration.

What about the owner of the Astros? He is pretty awful.

Loria is better than Angelos and it isn't even close, he has a championship under his belt regardless of what is going on now.

The late days of Al Davis in Oakland should have gotten serious consideration, drafting picks that would have been 4th rounders with your top overall pick will kill a franchise in the NFL.

Sterling has to get serious consideration.

What about the owner of the Astros? He is pretty awful.

Loria is better than Angelos and it isn't even close, he has a championship under his belt regardless of what is going on now.

The late days of Al Davis in Oakland should have gotten serious consideration, drafting picks that would have been 4th rounders with your top overall pick will kill a franchise in the NFL.

yea, ok. Team finishes 10 games out and grabs the WC then gets lucky in the playoffs. That makes up for all the damage he has done to the community down there.

:rolleyes:

Angelos single-handedly stopping MLB owners from using replacement players far outweighs Loria's one title.

yea, ok. Team finishes 10 games out and grabs the WC then gets lucky in the playoffs. That makes up for all the damage he has done to the community down there.

:rolleyes:

Angelos single-handedly stopping MLB owners from using replacement players far outweighs Loria's one title.

Loria's title has done more for the Miami community than Peter's 14 consecutive losing seasons for the Baltimore community.

Archived