Jason Vargas AL pitcher of the month for July vs. Birds of Prey

O's are Legends

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, any other year he might be. It's too bad his competition is a lock and might even win the MVP.

Yeah, he's probably third right now after Trout and Cespedes. He's easily the best rookie pitcher, unless I'm forgetting someone.

I really don't know. Maybe he had to change up his work out routine with the flu for a week? I am surprised.

That's what I was thinking. The effects of the flu in terms of velocity probably have more to do with the fact it changed his routine up. It may be that it takes a week or two for his velocity to get where it was. I hope this is not where it stays, because his FB command is not great. Don't think he will be that successful long term at this velocity.

Yeah, he's probably third right now after Trout and Cespedes. He's easily the best rookie pitcher, unless I'm forgetting someone.

Surprisingly Scott Diamond of the Twins has a 2.85 ERA, albeit in 17 starts compared to Chen's 22.

Parker and Milone of the A's have been good, too. And there's Darvish and Matt Moore in the mix. But Chen is having a better season than all of them.

Archived