Jason Vargas AL pitcher of the month for July vs. Birds of Prey

O's are Legends

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys, I figured out the "workaround" to avoid superstitious no-no territory (also known as BAD LUCK). :rolleyes:

It's baseball time. It's also dinner time. Your tummy is growling and your favorite meats or pastas are already cooking. :slytf:

But, like a responsible Hangouter, you know that GOING AWAY FROM THE GAME TO EAT is a huge no-no and frequently results in the game completely getting away from the O's while you're gone, as if fate enjoys mocking your absence by making you ask, "What the hell happened??????" when you return. :angryfire:

So clearly some solution is needed so that we can fill our bellies at 7pm dinner time without imploding the team and letting all your buddies down. :scratchchinhmm:

The solution?

Take your smartphone with you to the dinner table, and listen to the radio broadcast on MLB At Bat! :smile11:

I'm fresh back from dinner after having flied in the face of superstition by eating PASTA promptly at 7:15pm... immediately after hearing the first few minutes of the game and going "Wow, Tillman is on fire!"

And as fate would have it, my tummy is full and The O's are still winning!

Could I have found a "hack" around the baseball gods' whims, or are they going to punish me with their wrath later in the game? :scratchchinhmm:

Yes, they will rain fire and brimstone down on the birds now.

Hunter sd Tillman is going for his fifth straight W--actually it wd be his fourth straight (fifth total).

When Hunter makes one of his not infrequent misstatements, I wonder whether Bordick just lets it go or doesn't realize it in the first place.

I believe, at some point, Tillman will toss a no-hitter. He's certainly got no-hit stuff, when he's on.

Maybe, not tonight, though. Seems to be topping out at 92, sitting 89-91.

Tillman suddenly cant locate his curve.

Nothing sudden about that development.

Hunter sd Tillman is going for his fifth straight W--actually it wd be his fourth straight (fifth total).

When Hunter makes one of his not infrequent misstatements, I wonder whether Bordick just lets it go or doesn't realize it in the first place.

A little from column A, a little from column B...

Tillman is getting a lot of pop-ups. That tells me the Mariners have NO idea where his pitches are going. Fly balls = they're right on top of him; ground balls = he knows how to beat them; pop-ups = they're just out there blindly flailing away hoping to run into something! :laughlol:

Down of the ADVANCED ROOKIE LEAGUE Farm

KEVIN GAUSMAN O(vs. Advanced Rookie League State College, 8/06) *

IP:O 3

H:o. 0

R:O. 0

BB:. 0

SO:. 2

2012 ERA: 0.00

* This was Gausman's professional baseball debut.

Archived