Orioles plan to select the contract of INF Manny Machado

Greg

Well, I guess we know now why they didn't want to give up too much for Chase Headley.

Apparently they just know some secret about MM that we don't--that he can hit at the big league level despite OPSing .781 at AA at age 19-20, and despite making his fair share of errors at SS without playing more than, what, 3 games at 3B?

I used the Bryce Harper example but he's got a .745 OPS and is pretty hugely overrated...

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I'm pumped, even if this is kinda crazy. Wow, things are getting really interesting now.

Welcome to the Dan Duquette era. The best time to bring up your young guys is when a team is going good. He can come and fit in and not be asked to save the world. Essentially no pressure but to fit in. Duq was notorious for these moves in Boston.

I don't really get this then. At least put him there consistently before you bring him up. I mean I know he's an athlete and could probably handle it but some practice would be nice. :)

Is it possible that Manny goes to SS and Hardy goes to 3b? I know Hardy's value at SS defensively is HUGE but I'm just throwing out the possibility...

This sends a great message to the guys on the team. Club is doing whatever it takes to win.

If Buck and DD think you will help, you are coming up.

If we have starting pitching issues, don't be surprised to see Bundy in September. I think this only happens if we have a desperate need for a starter. We are in too good of a shape in the pen to blow service time using him as a reliever.

This came out of nowhere. Im blown away by this. No Flaherty. Defense better than Betemit. Offense as good as Andino. Openining in roster. Makes some sense.

But a starter? Wow...what a bold move. The Orioles may think the Royals series is the place to bring him in.

No matter how poorly he pitched..I wonder if Bundy is on their radar too..if for even a few innings in Sept.

There is absolutely no reason to call him up if he's not going to start.

I do wonder about Bundy, though. Although he should be in AA, IMO.

Is it possible that Manny goes to SS and Hardy goes to 3b? I know Hardy's value at SS defensively is HUGE but I'm just throwing out the possibility...

I guess anything is possible at this point but I really don't see it. Hardy is the SS I want in a critical situation.

Archived