Orioles plan to select the contract of INF Manny Machado

Greg

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it would be hard for Machado to contribute less than Andino (0.1 war) or Betemit (0.4 war) at 3b. He'll put a charge in the fans and if he can play average defense and produce almost any kind of offense he should represent an upgrade.

I'm not sure I hate this move.

I think it would be hard for Machado to contribute less than Andino (0.1 war) or Betemit (0.4 war) at 3b. He'll put a charge in the fans and if he can play average defense and produce almost any kind of offense he should represent an upgrade.

I like the move, but at the same time, any concerns that anyone would have would also be valid.

Some backtracking now by the beat reporters on whether or not he starts, but still bold all the same. Wow.

Pretty sure he'll start. We're playing a LHP, making it the ideal time to remove Betemit and insert him at 3B. Moves like these aren't just made rashly. I'm sure they had this planned.

Where does Wilson play? If you tell me Machado will be a bench player or PT player, I will say your smoking the crazy weed. Wilson/Reynolds alternate at 1B? No Overbay?

Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch

#orioles are saying Machado won't necessarily start tomorrow. Just that it will be his major league debut when he gets into a game.

I have trouble believing the O's would promote him and not start him. Machado doesn't benefit from sitting on the bench and the bar isn't very high for him to outperform our current 3b tandem. I fully expect him to start tomorrow.

Where does Wilson play? If you tell me Machado will be a bench player or PT player, I will say your smoking the crazy weed. Wilson/Reynolds alternate at 1B? No Overbay?

I think Betemit goes into LF. No Overbay.

No way Manny rides the pine. That would be beyond stupid.

Archived