The energy at Camden Yards is amazing

barnanimal

I'm thinking of making a previously-unplanned run up to Baltimore at the end of the month for the Red Sox series. I'd really like to be part of the excitement.

I don't think you'll regret it! I too live in TN now, but broke down and decided a trip home was in order. Taking my sister to the 9/28 Friday night game... just picked up the tickets (plane and game) tonight :)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in the last section of the ballpark, about halfway to the top, but it didn't matter at all. To be there tonight was something special. Yes, I almost went into a fit the 12 year old me would have when they lost that lead, but that doesn't change the fact that the energy of the crowd and the emotion of the night was so awesome and brought out feelings and excitement in me I haven't felt in 15 years. Your eyes weren't deceiving you in thinking there was a lot of orange there last night, because there was. There were Yankee fans, but nowhere near as many as have been in the past, or as many as I'd expect to come in this weekend. Plus, the thing with Yankee fans is if they aren't winning, or in the game, you hear absolutely nothing from them.

It was an incredible night, from the crowd, to Cal's ceremony, to Wieters home run, everything. Truly something special to be a part of, and something I hope will live on every game from here on out, and that others can take part in.

I was on my own. So I walked around the lower bowl, stopping every few sections to lead the hagy cheer. If you heard it, it was me.

I am spent. I am numb. I almost cried when I walked in.

Just an amazing night.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I was holding tears back throughout the entire first inning. The sight of that crowd and the immediate response from the team was... amazing.

The rest of the game can't even be put into words.

I honestly don't remember it being that loud/ intense/ energetic in the 90's. It was like a football game- people cheering/ booing ever pitch, random people high fives, "Let's go O's" chants on the way out, I could not hear myself talk at times, sea of orange. Most memorable game I have ever been to and it counts for something. So excited right now, I think I might watch the recording of the game back just because I am that amped. Thank you Orioles.

I was holding tears back throughout the entire first inning. The sight of that crowd and the immediate response from the team was... amazing.

The rest of the game can't even be put into words.

I remember going to games in the 90s and it being full. I'm sure it was loud. I just... don't ever remember it being THAT loud.

What an amazing game. I'm so thankful that I was able to go. We've waited 14 years for this, and I wish I could put into words how amazing I feel right now.

I've got nothing. I'm speechless, though that could be because I lost my voice screaming.

I was holding tears back throughout the entire first inning. The sight of that crowd and the immediate response from the team was... amazing. The rest of the game can't even be put into words.

I think you might be on to something here. As the sports commentator once said, it's better for all of baseball when the Orioles are good. I'm sure the fans in all cities are unique in their own way, but Baltimore fans are...uniquely unique, and Baltimoreans know what I mean.

That was probably the first time everyone on the team saw Camden Yards full and dialed to 11 (except Showalter). Maybe dialed to 12, because it's been a long time coming. And they responded, big time, against a team most Baltimoreans grow up detesting, starting with the sight of the uniform. Pro sports isn't just about athletics, but there's a show business element too.

This could be the start of a beautiful relationship.

My office is in the warehouse. I started working there in 1997, so I have been at the stadium nearly every day for the past 15 years, and I haven't seen a crowd during the day like there was today since the first year I worked there during the playoffs. There were actually O's fans there and milling around when I got there at 8 this morning...it was already getting crazy when I went to lunch...and was downright insane by the time I left at 5.

Archived