The energy at Camden Yards is amazing

barnanimal

There were 3 Yankee fans 4 rows back who were getting rowdy screaming, "just one more hit! Let's tie this up!" "Let's go Yankees"...and when Jeter came up they were screaming, "the Captain!" "Jeter!" in their annoying, stereotypical New Yawk accents.

...when Adam Hit that home run...I lost it. The park was cheering, "Nah, nah, nah, nah! Hey! You suck!"

...so I turned around, pointed at the 3 of them with my O's hat, and just stared at them and went along with it. 'You suck!'

Normally I'm very cordial to opposing fans. Not these donkeys. And you know what? The fans loved it, and I'll never regret it.

GO O'S!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There were 3 Yankee fans 4 rows back who were getting rowdy screaming, "just one more hit! Let's tie this up!" "Let's go Yankees"...and when Jeter came up they were screaming, "the Captain!" "Jeter!" in their annoying, stereotypical New Yawk accents.

...when Adam Hit that home run...I lost it. The park was cheering, "Nah, nah, nah, nah! Hey! You suck!"

...so I turned around, pointed at the 3 of them with my O's hat, and just stared at them and went along with it. 'You suck!'

Normally I'm very cordial to opposing fans. Not these donkeys. And you know what? The fans loved it, and I'll never regret it.

GO O'S!

Good to hear, we've had too many bad years to not rub it in those bastards face!

GO O'S!

That is mega-super-huge-grande AWESOME Puck!!! Wish I could rep you but...

Y'all did me proud. I grew up in glen Burnie. I have been forced to watch these birds from afar since 2006. I proudly wear my bird shirt's proudly out here in Vegas but can't go to a game. Please know that when you guys at Camden were going nuts I hurt my hand on thecceiling fan jumping up and down on jones home run in the 8th.

I know we aren't the yanks or sox but you guys in the mid-Atlantic remember your friends across the country

Haven't read anything on here yet, but gotta chime in with my thoughts.

We left work and got into the city around 3ish. No traffic what-so-ever. Got a spot in the B/C lot very quickly. Took a moment to stand on Ravens walk between the beautiful stadiums of my two favorite teams, and think..."Man, this is great."

We got to the Eutaw Street entrance as some of the first ones there, and watched the big screen with highlights of Cal's streak games. Good stuff.

Saw my pal Weams hanging with the crowd. Got inside and I have to say, the ceremony arrangement isn't the greatest. After standing for 2 hours to get in, and then another half hour waiting for the ceremony, my pulled hammy and bad back had about had it. Plus I had ZERO view of anything, as we were about 4 people deep and directly behind the tv cameras. But that said, once the ceremony began, none of that mattered. Just a great event, and Billy's speech was awesome! He defended Cal and the streak to all the National Media without calling them out by name, and it was awesome! I bet somewhere, Ken Rosenthal was thinking..."what I do to piss off Billy?"

The on field tribute was also very good, and seeing Brooks out there with the legends brought tears to my eyes! Love these guys! The moment for Art Modell was also very well done. Had Art not moved the Ravens here, we may never have had football returned to this city. I will forever be grateful to Mr. Modell!

And as for the game. What can you say? Just absolutely amazing. Aside from the 8th inning collapse, the entire game was perfect. That bottom of the 8th.....just WOW!

And the crowd? My God Baltimore....why can't we do this every night? Cheering in the FIRST inning because we had two strikes on the batter? Well done. The constant noise throughout the game was just amazing! The bottom of the 8th...unreal! And most stayed through the last out in the 9th.

I can honestly say...IF I have been to a better all around game in my life, I don't remember it off hand right now.

Best Orioles game experience I ever had, and maybe the best sports experience I have ever had. The energy was amazing. I was there in 96 for the home playoff games and nothing came close to last night.

The best thing about it was the Yankee fans were few and far between. That was just the icing on the cake. That was OUR night in every sense of the word.

There's not much left to be said about the phenomenal atmosphere yesterday, but that's a game I will never forget. Great job, Oriole fans!

This team deserves a raucous, passionate crowd like last night, every night.

This deserves to be said again....

This team deserves a raucous, passionate crowd like last night, every night!

Hmm....the paper said they were making some SRO available today.

Anyway, represent!!!

I spoke with a fellow fan on Eutaw St. he said while in line, a group of ten Yankees fans had driven down from NY and were turned away from the box office.

Archived