The energy at Camden Yards is amazing

barnanimal

When asked about the crowd after the game, Adam smiled and said, "it was...magnificent". Yes it was. Love you, Adam!

Adam gave the bleacher sections a round of applause himself when he went out for the top of the 9th. He was feeling it. He wanted to make sure the crowd knew how much the craziness meant to them.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I spoke with a fellow fan on Eutaw St. he said while in line, a group of ten Yankees fans had driven down from NY and were turned away from the box office.
Man, this is music to my ears!

There were very few of them that mad it in to the Stadium. For one night, Buck had his way.

There were very few of them that mad it in to the Stadium. For one night, Buck had his way.

The seats I had were right at the walkway around the seating bowl. I saw scattered yank fans walking around with their head down, but otherwise heard nothing from them other than when they tied it up in the 8th. No "Lets go Yankees" chants. Not even the start of any. The Orioles fans and the Orioles play completely quieted the scarce few yank lovers in the Park! Just the way we like it!

To everyone going to the game tonight: Rock the yard again. Get it going loud, early, and often. Section by section, as loud and supportive of the O's as we have ever been. Let every game bear our mark, this whole series and the rest of the season.

We have to teach the Yankees and Sox backers: This is our house. Be under no further misconception that this is "Fenway South" or the "South Bronx." The time for that has passed, and if we have anything to say about it, it shall never return.

I've had pride in our team all year long, and I know we all have as the dedicated fans we are. Earlier in this thread it was pointed out that no one outside of our fanbase can know this feeling. For 14 years we have backed the team we love as they continued through defeat after defeat. We knew that we would win again; Orioles Magic would return, and for the wait, it would be all the sweeter.

Yesterday, we showed that pride, that outpouring of emotion, that unconditional support for the O's, to all of baseball, and to the world. Let's do it again. And again. And again. Let's join our O's in showing everyone what baseball in this town is like and is going to be going forward.

For the Birds... let's take back our house.

Also; I'm not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but this is a must read for everyone: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-bask-in-the-atmosphere-at-camden-yards-20120906,0,4336156.story

“I figure on Cal Ripken Statue Night we can’t lose right? That’s not allowed. So the baseball gods might have had a part in it.”

Hammel on the atmosphere: “Coming out, after I got pulled [in the sixth], it was amazing. Standing O. We appreciate that. The fans may or may not know but we need them. They are part of this as much as we are. The more they come out, the better we are going to play.”

Hammel, again: “That’s the way it should be. We are playing well and we can use that. They bring a whole different, whole new feeling to us when we go out there. We are down and they push us through it. Obviously the fans were electric tonight and through the rest of this run we’ve got to have them.”

I'm proud of you guys, and Baltimore.

I've been to thousands of Oriole games in my life. There are only two games I've been to that can compare. Doug Decinces home run in the 79 that started Oriole Magic, and Earls last game in 82. I've never heard Camden Yards that loud

Swing hard,just in case you hit something

I posted this in another thread but haven't gotten an answer yet, hopefully someone can help me out in here. Thanks in advance!

Hey guys this is off topic but this thread seemed like a logical place to post this. Unfortunately I can't attend the OH game but I need tickets for that Tuesday and the 1992 ticket promotion is already sold out (luckily got some for Thursday though). Anyways, I used a deal about a month ago from a thread here on OH that had 25$ LL tickets. But for some reason I can not for the life of me find this thread, even though I posted in it like 3 weeks ago. If anyone can find this thread with the deal, I would be hugely appreciative.

I've been to thousands of Oriole games in my life. There are only two games I've been to that can compare. Doug Decinces home run in the 79 that started Oriole Magic, and Earls last game in 82. I've never heard Camden Yards that loud.

The loudest I have ever heard OPACY was in Game 6 of the 1997 playoffs. I recall that the Orioles fans had been called out for being too quiet and polite earlier in the series, and everyone came and just screamed their butts off for 10 innings. Unfortunately, Tony Fernandez stunned the crowd with his 11th inning homer and we went home miserable.

The loudest I have ever heard OPACY was in Game 6 of the 1997 playoffs. I recall that the Orioles fans had been called out for being too quiet and polite earlier in the series, and everyone came and just screamed their butts off for 10 innings. Unfortunately, Tony Fernandez stunned the crowd with his 11th inning homer and we went home miserable.

No more DC fans.

That solved that.

Archived