Kevin Gregg and Adams DFA'd; Hoes and Chavez Selected

xian4

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Dan Connolly on Twitter:

Things we are hearing: LJ Hoes is here; Kevin Gregg has left the stadium with his suitcase -- we'll be down in the clubhouse soon

Glad we are giving Hoes a chance (though with the Triple A season ending he hasn't played in a while) and glad we are finally getting rid of dead weight in Gregg

Well, the whipping boy is finally gone. The move makes sense because someone had to be removed from the 40-man roster, and Gregg has no future here. But I don't think Gregg's absence is going to make any difference to the final W-L record of the team.

As much as baseball is a business, and as bad as Gregg has been, I still feel a little sorry for a guy to get cut from a team in the pennant race after 140 games have been played. Gregg seemed like a pretty good teammate and I'll never forget his little confrontation with David Ortiz last year, which certainly was the highlight of Gregg's two years in Baltimore.

Well, the whipping boy is finally gone. The move makes sense because someone had to be removed from the 40-man roster, and Gregg has no future here. But I don't think Gregg's absence is going to make any difference to the final W-L record of the team.

As much as baseball is a business, and as bad as Gregg has been, I still feel a little sorry for a guy to get cut from a team in the pennant race after 140 games have been played. Gregg seemed like a pretty good teammate and I'll never forget his little confrontation with David Ortiz last year, which certainly was the highlight of Gregg's two years in Baltimore.

Agree. Personally, I'm saying a prayer for these guys. Has to be a tough time personally and professionally. I have never understood the vitriol against Gregg. He has always done what Buck has asked, and never made excuses. Yes, he has sucked at times, but he has done some good stuff, including contributing to the 17-inning win in Boston. I can't bring myself to hate someone wearing the Orioles uniform.

This + 100.

Gregg performed poorly in highly leveraged situations, but he wasn't the devil.

Man, Dan Duquette is cold blooded.
If you want to add another RH bat, and we sure need one, and Chvez for defense, who else besides Gregg and Adams would you DFA? Or would you rather he be warm and fuzzy and not do everything he can to make us better. To bad he couldn't get Pierre.

Archived