Hamilton gets 5 years from Angels...Trumbo available.

Roll Tide

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its time to make some move to upgrade 1st base. That spot has been a black hole for the orioles for years now. Im not saying to do something just to do it, but it seems we always take our time and when we do move its way too late to get someone good entering their prime.

They have the money its time to offer up some of that and make some good moves to satisfy the fan base which is longing for some good seasons.

I say Trumbo or Morales would be a very good fit with the orioles

Enough of this passive aggressive sarcasm. I want to see a full on meltdown. What about the meek and frightened posters that you're carrying the water for? Their voice must be heard.

They have been talking lately but you are too busy with your ears plugged to hear them.

Try reading the board sometime.

It is organized sports. They should at least attempt competitive balance. The system is a joke.

Not really. I remember going to an empty Phillies stadium in the late 90's. They had the second highest payroll last year and were packed every game. If you start throwing up some winning seasons and start buying some players, your team will continue to make money. The O's put together 5 seasons in the playoffs and 2 WS and you will have so many fans and money that a contract like Hamiltons is a no brainer for all the crap you are going to sell.

You guys need to be thankful that the Yankees or any other AL East team did not get Hamilton. The Angels signed Albert last year and still managed to have a bad year. Josh Hamilton does not guarantee that the Angels are going to win the world series. It is being proven over and over again that signing big name players does not guarantee success. I love what Dan is doing with the Orioles instead of throwing big bucks at big name players.

You guys need to be thankful that the Yankees or any other AL East team did not get Hamilton. The Angels signed Albert last year and still managed to have a bad year. Josh Hamilton does not guarantee that the Angels are going to win the world series. It is being proven over and over again that signing big name players does not guarantee success. I love what Dan is doing with the Orioles instead of throwing big bucks at big name players.

1 or 2 would be nice.

There is something seriously wrong with two teams within an hour of each other throwing this kind of money around. Dodgers take on 660 million in

contracts, 240 million or so annual payroll, the Angels have two players, thats TWO... making a total of 400 million dollars.

This is NOT good for baseball and theres no plan to change the disparity , which , sooner or later, will destroy the competitve balance of the game. Im

always a pro union man, and i understand that the Giants with their limited resources have won two world titles...but the pendulum is swinging radically

the other way.... and what bothers me is that the costs MUST be recouped. That means increased cable TV packages and increased ticket, concession and

parking prices. Even for people who dont like sports and wont watch it, the costs WILL be passed on to them in cable fees. Its not right, and I'd feel the

same way if I were an Angels or Dodgers fan.

Its out of whack.

What makes me even more sick is the Dodgers were purchased for 2 Billion Dollars. That isnt the sick part, the sick part is they are getting $2 Billion Dollars from Fox in the tv deal!!! They basically just got the franchise for FREE!

That doesn't mean it doesn't cast a negative shadow on the sport.

IMO, moves like this just alienate fans as oppose to attract them. It's why early season NFL games trounce MLB playoff games. Who cares that the Angels are playing a playoff game? They bought their way in. I'd rather watch the Browns play the Raiders or some other horrible NFL matchup. At least I know those teams most likely drafted their superstars. It makes a difference to me.

The NFL does it right. The MLB does it wrong. Way wrong.

Nothing, this .500 team is perfect the way it is.

Just once, could you try sticking to the topic of a thread instead of derailing it into the 1,000th discussion of how the O's aren't spending enough?

Your act is getting old, and you've ruined quite a few promising threads.

Doing??? Basically doing nothing!

Archived