Hamilton gets 5 years from Angels...Trumbo available.

Roll Tide

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does this move make anyone else sick?

Not because the Orioles missed him, I'm not concerned with that. Something is wrong when one team can throw around this type of money, yet the Astros entire payroll is comparable to one year of this deal.

It's a free market. No salary cap...and none in sight!

Yeah , I expected this tweet:

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN

Other teams asked about Mark Trumbo, and been told that he's not available; the Angels have said they are keeping him.

Bourjos to the Mets makes sense. I'm guessing that Morales is the one that would be available.

Does this move make anyone else sick?

Not because the Orioles missed him, I'm not concerned with that. Something is wrong when one team can throw around this type of money, yet the Astros entire payroll is comparable to one year of this deal.

Yes. It is quite disgusting.

Teams like the 2012 O's are largely an anomaly.

The sport is broken IMO. This is partly why the NFL now dominates. "Any given sunday". No such thing as that in baseball.

At a certain point it becomes ridiculous and you have to ask yourself what is the point.

What would you give for Trumbo who's 26 and still has 3 seasons of control?

I would absolutely call the Angels to see what it would take to land Trumbo. My offer would start with Arrieta, Hoes, and Bridwell/Hobgood. That is likely not going to very far so, Tillman, Hoes/Avery, Bridwell, Dan Klein, and Strop would be the names I would throw out next in a sensible combination.

I think Trumbo is okay defensively at first (for the record I think Morse is better defensively at that position), but his bat is really special. I know he had a major swoon in the second half, but I think if you look at him in the respect that he is not as good as his first half indicated but much better than his second half, he should be a huge monster bat with a pretty good OBP for the next few years at minimum.

Yes. It is quite disgusting.

Teams like the 2012 O's are largely an anomaly.

The sport is broken IMO. This is partly why the NFL now dominates. "Any given sunday". No such thing as that in baseball.

At a certain point it becomes ridiculous and you have to ask yourself what is the point.

Blasphemy!!!

Team that build from within and never sign any free agents DOMINATE the sport!!

Archived