HHP: My Lunch Today with Dan Duquette.....and about 100 other people

TonySoprano

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With a powerful manager like Buck, you can get players to buy into platoons. It's certainly a financially responsible and in this day and age, out of the box thinking for team construction.

How are you going to combine a starting rotation that doesn't go particularly deep in games, a bullpen full of guys with no remaining options and multiple platoons?

Wildcard's idea not mine.

Ok I guess I really don't see Reimold/Mclouth or second base as being platoon situations like DH with Betemit. If Roberts isn't good enough to be an everyday second baseman they should scrap him imo. Plus I'm not sure if there is a platoon advantage with Roberts/Casilla. Between Reimold/Mclouth, playing time should be given to who is healthy and playing well. Not saying we can't give guys more rest and get good use of the bench/matchups when it makes sense.

Great stuff and very well written.

I couldn't agree more and thanks for the HHP - you are one tireless dude with all the tweets, the 12/12/12 hype, Uptown Gurl retweets, etc. I bet you even called in to talk with James Gandofini when he was collecting donations!

But thanks Tony for this and for all the great convo regarding DD, Buck and the O's. If only c-o-c would get on the BRob bus we'd be fine. :laughlol: Some FL boyz are hard to please even after our whirlwind season!

I couldn't agree more and thanks for the HHP - you are one tireless dude with all the tweets, the 12/12/12 hype, Uptown Gurl retweets, etc. I bet you even called in to talk with James Gandofini when he was collecting donations!

But thanks Tony for this and for all the great convo regarding DD, Buck and the O's. If only c-o-c would get on the BRob bus we'd be fine. :laughlol: Some FL boyz are hard to please even after our whirlwind season!

My moma told me the short bus was for the special kids, and I wasn't that kind of special.

I think the argument to go get a "difference maker" is much stronger now that the Orioles are competitive. I was just addressing a different point. And although I will grant you that the Orioles didn't have much success in the several years before 2012, I think there are plenty of examples around baseball every year of teams making "subtle moves" that end up making a huge difference in how the team performs.
I guess you can't get more "subtle" than Danny Valencia and Alexi Casilla.

Archived