HHP: My Lunch Today with Dan Duquette.....and about 100 other people

TonySoprano

Wow Tony great write up. Sounds like the idea of LaRoche is not there since he spoke so highly of Davis and his ability to play 1st, wouldn't make sense to bring in Adam.

Did he make any kind of indication as to whom he is considering for that MOO bat?

Thanks for the write up great stuff.

He has lowered his goal.

Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch

Duquette: "I can tell you that we will keep looking for a capable bat to add to our ballclub."

Capable is the new MOO

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He didn't want to discuss LaRoche because he actually thought he was Washington's and didn't want to violate tampering rules. Dan didn't talk about anyone on the market, but instead talked up how he thinks the team as is could contend again next year.

Well, frankly, if he didn't even know who one of the biggest available free agent first basemen was, I think it's highly unlikely they're really looking for anyone at that position on the free agent market. That kind of jives with both their willingness to go to Davis and possibly looking for a trade at that position.

Wow Tony great write up. Sounds like the idea of LaRoche is not there since he spoke so highly of Davis and his ability to play 1st, wouldn't make sense to bring in Adam.

Did he make any kind of indication as to whom he is considering for that MOO bat?

Thanks for the write up great stuff.

Well, frankly, if he didn't even know who one of the biggest available free agent first basemen was, I think it's highly unlikely they're really looking for anyone at that position on the free agent market. That kind of jives with both their willingness to go to Davis and possibly looking for a trade at that position.

Doesn't know about Chen. Signs Chen.

Great stuff Tony. Thanks so much for posting. How did you know about the event?

I have to believe that Dan knows exactly what LaRoche's status is. He is just not the kind of player that DD is going to spend over 13M and a first round draft choice on.

Found it interesting that Dan would still be saying he wants Saunders back when it looks like no one values the O's young pitching enough to trade a MOO bat for some of them. Saunders will want a multi year contract and Dan knows that. It will be interesting to see if the O's come up with the money for Saunders.

I have to believe that Dan knows exactly what LaRoche's status is. He is just not the kind of player that DD is going to spend over 13M and a first round draft choice on.

Found it interesting that Dan would still be saying he wants Saunders back when it looks like no one values the O's young pitching enough to trade a MOO bat for some of them. Saunders will want a multi year contract and Dan knows that. It will be interesting to see if the O's come up with the money for Saunders.

He talked about it as if he was going to bring Joe back, they way Tony stated it.

Pressbox will be holding a luncheon the second Thursday of every month at Padonia Station.

Our young pitching has value to other teams. As always the Orioles are looking for someone who values their pitching as much as they do, i.e. we aren't giving pitching away for cheap. For example, Arrieta is still an option for us.

Pressbox will be holding a luncheon the second Thursday of every month at Padonia Station.

Our young pitching has value to other teams. As always the Orioles are looking for someone who values their pitching as much as they do, i.e. we aren't giving pitching away for cheap. For example, Arrieta is still an option for us.

Thanks, very cool about Pressbox.

Glad to see DD values the young pitchers highly. Any of the them may be the next surprise of the year.

Well, I guess we need to hope that one or two of them blossom.

I told him I was impressed that before he decided to take the job, I read he went to pray about it. He mentioned that he went to the Shrine of St. Jude, close to the ballpark in Baltimore. We both know that St. Jude is the Catholic saint of lost causes.

This part is fantastic. Couldn't script that better.

Nice Tony ...Thanks for the info

:bangwall:

Everyone wants to see the team make a splash in December but he's wants a team to make a big splash in October.

Okay ...but you actually have to improve the team to be better. The subtractions are so far greater than the additions. The additions by our division rivals are more than we've done.

I believe some of what DD has said is lip service and not wanting to show his hand. I dont think he wants to throw Angelos under the bus as he hasn't accomplished what he needs to get out of the job yet.... Whats that??? Its not a Orioles "Big Splash in October". Its to make the team good enough to get a gig with a better owner where he can actually make some moves. And a easy * side note that his owner was unwilling to ante up to get what was requires to win it all.

Thanks to you, I found the link to the post. Not only did he give credit to the wrong Tony, but he should have had the courtesy to direct link to here since this is the only place I chose to post the review. I guess in the end, no blood, no foul so to speak since the added traffic that would come from Trea's site can be counted on one hand. :D

Other than Stan the Fan and 85 year-old Vince Bagli, I didn't notice any other media in the house. Stan billed it as by fans, for fans. Weams' buddy Greg Bader was there.

Vince Bagli... that's a blast from the past. Did he look OK?

Archived