Article that explains the off season (problems)

MemorialStadKid

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This thread has gotten way off topic, and should be closed. The business being discussed now should be done so in private. This is a Mod/MSK issue now, and should be done respectfully.

Sure. Back on topic from me. No need to close. Everyone deserves to have this information so that they can make their own decisions about what they believe in.

He can run my IP all day. I have 3 or 4 I think from my IP. However, this is a household computer, and I have a family full of O's fans that love the HO.

Dark Helmet is not one of the clone accounts and should not be criticized for his honest view point on this subject. He has one account on his IP. One.

It's gonna take a real mental wrench to pretend that this thread, from the OP on, was an honest debate about the state of the offseason.

hhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhrgggggggggggghhhh

Okay!

I wish we'd signed Swisher and signed at least one of the Cubs' reclamation projects: Villanueva, Baker, etc. I still want Marcum. And I wish we'd been there first on Trevor Bauer, or traded Hardy in some other creative way. And spent 5-6M on two or three promising relief reclamation projects.

Yeah, when I see that something came from The Bleacher Report, I don't take it with a grain of salt ...... I take it with TWO grains of salt. They occasionally do have some very good articles, but for the most part, they are usually just essays that have major agendas/bias from the author of the article(s).

I am frustrated that we are not in spring training yet. So I can understand that reporters, bloggers, and posters, are frustrated with where the Orioles are at this moment. I trust Dan and Buck and I trusted Andy. So my opinion is not always one that people agree with. It's mine though.

It's gonna take a real mental wrench to pretend that this thread, from the OP on, was an honest debate about the state of the offseason.

hhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhrgggggggggggghhhh

Okay!

I wish we'd signed Swisher and signed at least one of the Cubs' reclamation projects: Villanueva, Baker, etc. I still want Marcum. And I wish we'd been there first on Trevor Bauer, or traded Hardy in some other creative way. And spent 5-6M on two or three promising relief reclamation projects.

I think part of the plan has been to not do anything you can't undo for the next few years. We contended a lot earlier than we should have last year, and I think the plan was to really get going when Machado and Bundy were both up and ready to go. Now, with Gausman in the mix, that plan looks even better. We may take a step back in 2013, but this should be a team that will contend for a nice window, especially if they can get Wieters locked up.

It's gonna take a real mental wrench to pretend that this thread, from the OP on, was an honest debate about the state of

So we will ask you th MSK question. What reclamation projects would you have signed and what would you have done with a packed bullpen and several out of option pitchers?

I think part of the plan has been to not do anything you can't undo for the next few years. We contended a lot earlier than we should have last year, and I think the plan was to really get going when Machado and Bundy were both up and ready to go. Now, with Gausman in the mix, that plan looks even better. We may take a step back in 2013, but this should be a team that will contend for a nice window, especially if they can get Wieters locked up.

A blockbuster trade is imminent within the next year. There is too much pitching talent ready for the major leagues that needs to be sorted through, especially with the next round of prospects matriculating to Bowie or higher this year.

Man, talk about the kiss of death. :rofl:

Eerily similar.

A blockbuster trade is imminent within the next year. There is too much pitching talent ready for the major leagues that needs to be sorted through, especially with the next round of prospects matriculating to Bowie or higher this year.

I agree that this will have to happen at some point. Maybe soon.

Archived