Article that explains the off season (problems)

MemorialStadKid

Who cares? You post the same repetitive garbage over and over again, never back it up with anything, and play the passive-aggressive thing to the hilt. You don't even seem to know anything about what's really going on in the offseason. Every time someone tries to honestly debate something with you, you ignore them. Every time someone gets annoyed at you, you play the martyr. You never engage on an intelligent level on anything actually baseball related - you much prefer to dance around the edges of issues you know are inflammatory and poke at people.

If it walks, talks, quacks, and dances like a trollface, it's a trollface.

If I wanted to hear someone say "get some good players" and "our payroll should be higher" over and over and over and over, I'd buy a heavily modified talking fish.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who cares? You post the same repetitive garbage over and over again, never back it up with anything, and play the passive-aggressive thing to the hilt. You don't even seem to know anything about what's really going on in the offseason. Every time someone tries to honestly debate something with you, you ignore them. Every time someone gets annoyed at you, you play the martyr. You never engage on an intelligent level on anything actually baseball related - you much prefer to dance around the edges of issues you know are inflammatory and poke at people.

If it walks, talks, quacks, and dances like a trollface, it's a trollface.

If I wanted to hear someone say "get some good players" and "our payroll should be higher" over and over and over and over, I'd buy a heavily modified talking fish.

Untrue, I made one mistake about players that had already been signed. I also posted about the remaining FAs and who I'd like on the squad.

Again, you're making stuff up.

MSK

This guy is funny. He is "angry" at me because I couldn't fulfill a bet that he had nothing to do with. He just needs something to be upset about. My personal security and safety were much, much more important to me than a bet I made with some anonymous person I'll never meet about other anonymous posters I'll never meet.

I was supposed to find quotes of people who wanted to stand pat (as we're doing now) and I did. But before I could compile it into a post, my apartment burned down. I have pics of the fire, etc. Yet, I am a "liar." I've never seen such awful human beings in my life.

A guy has a fire and you call him a liar. That rhymes.

MSK

Are you actually going to respond to any of the baseball questions posed in this thread?

Untrue, I made one mistake about players that had already been signed. I also posted about the remaining FAs and who I'd like on the squad.

Again, you're making stuff up.

MSK

I've seen the question asked to you a few times in this thread, so I'll ask it again. What would you have done this offseason. Be specific. Be realistic, knowing that Angelos isn't going to increase payroll much, if at all.

This guy is funny. He is "angry" at me because I couldn't fulfill a bet that he had nothing to do with. He just needs something to be upset about. My personal security and safety were much, much more important to me than a bet I made with some anonymous person I'll never meet about other anonymous posters I'll never meet.

I was supposed to find quotes of people who wanted to stand pat (as we're doing now) and I did. But before I could compile it into a post, my apartment burned down. I have pics of the fire, etc. Yet, I am a "liar." I've never seen such awful human beings in my life.

A guy has a fire and you call him a liar. That rhymes.

MSK

Why did you post as Bilbo Baggins a few years ago? A moderator confirmed that was you, due to the IP address being the same as the one for MemorialStarKid. I bare you no ill will (hell, I'm just as annoyed that we haven't done much this offseason), but I think it's things like that that annoy some of the posters on here. Just my opinion.

I've seen the question asked to you a few times in this thread, so I'll ask it again. What would you have done this offseason. Be specific. Be realistic, knowing that Angelos isn't going to increase payroll much, if at all.

Lord almighty. I've said it many times in other threads.

We should have gotten Hamilton at 5/125. Apparently, PA told DD to go after Hamilton toward the end of the sweepstakes. We didn't.

I also believed we should have traded a couple of pieces for some pitching help. If we had gotten Hamilton, we could have traded Reimold, Tillman and someone else in a good deal for a legit TOR SP. We need a real pitcher to lock down the rotation and with the upgrade on offense, it would have put us in a much better position than where we are now.

The Blue Jays are in it to win. Right now, we're not constructed to win the AL East in 2013. The original post was a baseball post. I wanted folks to see another take on what I was saying.

Of course, this turned into "MSK is a troll."

MSK

We should have gotten Hamilton at 5/125. Apparently, PA told DD to go after Hamilton toward the end of the sweepstakes. We didn't.

I also believed we should have traded a couple of pieces for some pitching help. If we had gotten Hamilton, we could have traded Reimold, Tillman and someone else in a good deal for a legit TOR SP. We need a real pitcher to lock down the rotation and with the upgrade on offense, it would have put us in a much better position than where we are now.

The Blue Jays are in it to win. Right now, we're not constructed to win the AL East in 2013. The original post was a baseball post. I wanted folks to see another take on what I was saying.

MSK

1. The bolded quote is what people are talking about. You don't give any specifics, and then complain. It's the best of both worlds. What would you have traded, and who would you have got back. Be specific. Reimold and Tillman ain't getting a TOR SP.

2. If you believe Jim Bowden saying PA wanted to spend, I don't know what to tell you. Why did nobody else report this? Why have we not seen any indications that payroll could go up?

MSK

Whatever it is you are smoking please share.

Okay, Hamilton at 5/125. Of course, we would have had to top that, so let's say 5/135. By the way, 5/125 was already a poor (some say desperation...hmm!) deal for Hamilton.

Now what? Hamilton's a big upgrade in LF. Our payroll is definitely maxed now, though. What's next?

This thread has gone way off the tracks. I really don't care what MSK did in the past. If posters believe that the Orioles haven't done enough to try to improve the team, they should be free to express those opinions. I don't want to hear that in every thread that comes along on every topic, but this is MSK's thread and he attached an article that shows that there is a member of the national media who agrees with his point of view. That seems like fair game to me.

Archived