Article that explains the off season (problems)

MemorialStadKid

We weren't going to pay Hamilton anywhere near that kind of money. MAYBE (I doubt it personally) it's possible PA told DD to get on Hamilton if he perceived that he might go low. That didn't happen obviously and anyone with half a brain knew Hamilton wasn't going to be obtained by us at anywhere near that contract. Any time MSK ventures beyond his standard "PA should spend more money and the PA apologists on OH are too dumb to understand it" schtick, he's pretty much excoriated on anything resembling his ridiculous and incoherent baseball analysis (i.e. Reimold and Tillman for an unnamed TOR starter).

He therefore sticks to what is safe...trolling...and he is most certainly an exceptional troll imo. Like someone else said, it's like trying to nail jello to a wall with this guy. I suppose I'll receive an infraction for that .....whatever.

PA should spend more money. PA should spend more money ...... Blah, blah, blah. Endless, neverending, mind numbing dribble. Ain't happening.

I'll give MSK a bit of a break here as this thread. At least he took the initiative to quote something (stuff/opinions we already know).

Geez, I'm ready to fast forward to April.

Actually the best description I have heard is "Broken Record"

I don't recall ever hearing MSK resorting to name-calling or bullying. As many times as I have got on him he never resorted to neg-repping. His posting regimen pretty much consists of the bolded sentence above. It happens in pretty much any thread he starts posting in. Eventually it gets back to his forte.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, a place for apologists.

MSK

OK, if this is a place for apologists you should have no problem giving me just a couple of links to these posts. I have been reading, and a member of, this forum for a long and do not remember enough of these type posts that I would call it a site of apologists. Please enlighten me.

I've been trying to get back to baseball discussions. You folks are the ones taking it to another level.

And I'm no troll. Repeating it doesn't make it true.

MSK

I found 35 aliases registered to your IP address. Care to explain before I act?

You know, Tony is the nicest guy in the world defending someone's right to state his opinion. Even multiple times. He gives a limited poster status away for free to those who care to share for those who can not afford plus. I do think it is a great affront to purposely evade the plus system since 2005. I want an answer.

Everyone wants that. What good does it do to continually whine and cry about things you can't control. Yeah, I get it to a point. Does anybody go through life with that kind of atttitude. Do you associate with people with that kind of attitude? Is that what OH has come to? A place for crybabies?

It doesn't do any good. However, this is the offseason. Not a lot has been done to discuss. There's only so much to be said for the "T.J. McFarlands" of the world. It doesn't bother me that MSK makes the same statements. Just like it doesn't bother me when some preach the Betemit/Platoon stuff over and over. Everyone has their point of views, and most of the time stick to it, and will relay it over and over. It's just not worth getting all bent out of shape over. Idon't consider the OH a place for crybabies. I see it as a place for fans to express their opinions. They don't always have to be the same point of view. Thats what makes this a great forum. However, lately it has become impossible to disagree with anything the FO does. The only one I stick to, is letting Reynolds go. No one can or will convince me, that letting him go was worth saving 6.5M. Unless a better option is found, and I see nothing that suggests the FO will take the kind of risk associated with such an upgrade.

I will if Tony agrees. I will. And emails if Tony wants as well.

Mostly it's just idle curiosity. I was defending MSK's rights to express his opinions a few pages back, but if he's posted under 35 aliases that's inexcusable, and it would be interesting to see the list just to see if I can remember whether all those posters sounded just like MSK, and whether anything is being posted now under those names.

Archived