PEDRO STROP O (vs. RAYS, 4/03)

IP:. 1

H:o 4

R:O 3

BB: 0

SO: 1

Pitches: 25 (16 Strikes, 9 Balls)

2013 ERA: 27.00

He makes me mental!!! He can be so great, but can be soooooooo awful. I hope he gets it out of his system.

Starting to wonder if Strop has a twin brother. One pitched the first half of last season and the WBC, and the other pitched the second half of last year and tonight.

The first two hits were "luck." The second hit was a great pitch that would have been a ground out had the 2B been in normal position. Strop did lose his composure after the wild pitch allowed the tying run to score.

The first two hits were "luck." The second hit was a great pitch that would have been a ground out had the 2B been in normal position. Strop did lose his composure after the wild pitch allowed the tying run to score.

I guess. But he still threw a wild pitch with a guy on 3rd, and then allowed another run. It wasn't a late-last-season-vs-NY type implosion, but he certainly didn't look great like he did in the WBC.

I agree. The hits against weren't bc of bad stuff but rather some fortunate hitting. Although the wild pitch was all on him and his command could be better but it's not as bad as Ayala and Hunter leaving meatballs right over the plate.

The difference between Pedro tonight and Pedro last year is the walks. The good thing is that he didn't walk anyone tonight. Some lucky hits and one badly missed spot against Loney (which hurt us because of defensive positioning) and that was his night. I also agree that it seems like Wieters has gotten a little lazy when it comes to blocking balls in the dirt. He used to smother everything and now it seems like he lets a lot more get by him (I noticed this last year, as well).

I think Buck pulled Chen too early. I hope he doesn't start pulling starters in the 6th too often. Here we go though, I know it's just 1 game, but allready the bullpen blew a lead and we lost a 1 run game. Last year, the bullpen shuts the other team down and we win the 1 run game.

Archived