Pedro Strop's hat

OFFNY

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe this is the first time I commented about his hat on OH. I've sort of gone along with it but don't like it. Most fans I talk to feel the same way and they are young and old. I'm guessing that's the way he has always worn his hat. If he wore it that way in Texas maybe that's why the Rangers traded him with Nolan Ryan in the FO. I can't picture Nolan Ryan wearing his hat like this and liking it. I doubt Cal, Palmer, Brooks, Frank or Boog would have worn their hat turned. Can anyone picture these former Oriole greats with their hats worn like this? Maybe someone who knows how to doctor photos can show us these former greats with turned hats and send them to Buck for a reaction. If Strop was lights out (ERA 10.80) maybe we could stop talking about his hat. He's far from being elite so it will continue to be a topic of conversation.

So we have bubbles in CF who continues to make errors and always will and crooked hat coming in from the pen who will continue to have his good and bad moments. Well! What can you say at 4 AM in the morning........it's 2013! I wonder what Roy out in California thinks about these habits and what do the players on other teams think?

I thought about doing a separate post on this subject but know I would get destroyed by a certain group on here. It's not worth the harassment. If Roy or Tony feel the same way as I do and did the post it might lead to some interesting comments.

Someone asked why some fans are against these kinds of habits? The question is why do these players want to stand out or be different? Do they need attention? Insecure? Are they looking for endorsement deals? If all of the players did these things then little leaguers and younger players would know how to act.

The whole team should get the same hair cut too, they should all have the same mitt, they should all wear the same shoes, use the same deodorant, and wear the same clothes between games.

Me personally, I have absolutely no problem with the tilted hat. Maybe he thinks it throws off the hitter a little, maybe he likes the way it looks. I don't really care. I would much rather he fix his mechanics than fix his hat.

The hat issue isnt the biggest issue but its a legitimate issue for some. It symbolizes much of what is wrong in our society. Its stupid to wear a baseball hat that way. Its not meant to be worn like that. Its no different than wearing your pants down around your knees so everyone can see your skid marked boxers.

For some of us the hat thing is just bothersome because of what it represents - stupidty, as well as the decline in our society. Its just ridiculous.

The Skankees have a team policy on facial hair, NO? You wanna be a Yank, you shave. The Orioles could do the same with hats. You wanna be an Oriole, you wear your hat correctly and decently. It sends a message. We have standards in our organization. We do things well. We do things properly.

As our society continues to decline the hat issue isnt that big a deal. But it does represent much of what is wrong in our society and its natural that some would be bothered by it.

Its not just self expression - its about stupidity.

The hat issue isnt the biggest issue but its a legitimate issue for some. It symbolizes much of what is wrong in our society. Its stupid to wear a baseball hat that way. Its not meant to be worn like that. Its no different than wearing your pants down around your knees so everyone can see your skid marked boxers.

For some of us the hat thing is just bothersome because of what it represents - stupidty, as well as the decline in our society. Its just ridiculous.

The Skankees have a team policy on facial hair, NO? You wanna be a Yank, you shave. The Orioles could do the same with hats. You wanna be an Oriole, you wear your hat correctly and decently. It sends a message. We have standards in our organization. We do things well. We do things properly.

As our society continues to decline the hat issue isnt that big a deal. But it does represent much of what is wrong in our society and its natural that some would be bothered by it.

To each his own. Just win the games. :)

The hat doesn't bother me, but if people think it doesn't affect his popularity (especially with older fans) they are mistaken.

I love how he interacts with the fans and is always smiling ear to ear. I don't love how he throws two hrs in one inning.

racist much? How do you feel about #42?

I'm with you, man. I don't know why the government doesn't come up with a list of things that make for a proper American, and if you don't follow them there are consequences. You just can't contribute to the decline and fall of Western civilization and not face the music. Uniforms squared away. Men wear button up shirts with collars when they're out in public, with hats (not ballcaps, obviously, but real hats like fedoras) they remove when inside buildings, and pants tailored to the official gov't specs. Hair for men of only a certain style and length. Women toeing the line on how women should act. Bring back the proper codes for TV and movies so nobody is forced to see improper behavior. Children seen and not heard, they all dress by the code, are required to get jobs at 15, join the service at 18.

Geez, is it really that hard to set and enforce standards? Freedom of expression is fine as long as you're expressing the right things.

;)

:laughlol:

racist much? How do you feel about #42?

Your response deserves some negative rep, but just that fact that you posted it is enough.

MagicBird did not attack some single racial group, but hey easier to label him then to post some well thought out response.

Many of today's youth choose to dress in the disheveled fashion described regardless of their race. To some it is cool or hip, others see it a a lack of self respect or just plain untidiness. To each his own.

I am such a slow typist that I missed your apology. Thank you

Strop is slowly or quickly making himself trade bait if anyone wants to trade for him. I saw most of his meltdowns firsthand at OP in the latter stages of the 2012 season. He is painful to watch when he is giving up runs. Not respecting his hat which is part of his uniform adds to his fade from popularity. I'm surprised Buck hasn't told him to put his hat on correctly instead of on an angle.

Oh my God! He's disrespecting an inanimate object. Geez dad, take a pill.

Archived