Chris Tillman Today, 2013

OFFNY

There is nothing this team has needed more, at any point in this young season, than what Chris offered tonight. We should have had the sweep in Oakland and we blew that game, we lose the opener in Seattle, we have Chen vs Harang to take the series and Chen cant make it into the 5th....and we had no days off before we went to face the Angels. Chris Tillman gets a great play from Markakis behind him and he simply took it from there.

Eight shutout innings, throwing easier in the 8th than he did in the first or 2nd, throwing beautiful change ups and curves while locating his fastball at 95.

The team needed this for a million reasons and Chris delivered. Most clutch performance of the year, and something I think may end up being huge in the long run. Just Awesome.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really hope Chris can build off of this terrific performance .... Kudos.

Build off of HIS LAST TWO performances. :)

CHRIS TILLMAN O (COMPOSITE PITCHING LINE, LAST 3 GAMES)

IP:. 20.67

H:o 14

R:O 3

BB: 7

SO: 13

Pitches: 320 (201 Strikes, 119 Balls)

Sadly, I agree. Which is why he's really a back of the rotation starter at the end of the day (still a great outcome in the big picture with him, mind).

Which means that our current rotation has 2 BOR starters (Tillman, Gonzalez), two #2/3 types (Chen, Hammel), and one ever-changing #5 starter.

Jake Arrieta and Zach Britton: you can't get your sh*t together soon enough. Kevin Gausman: do work, mate, we need you.

CHRIS TILLMAN O (vs. ROYALS, 5/08)

IP:. 6

H:o 5

R:O 3

BB: 3

SO: 2

Pitches: 93 (56 Strikes, 37 Balls)

2013 ERA: 3.76

PITCHES BY INNING

13 (71 Strikes)

29 (17 Strikes)

91 (61 Strikes)

15 (10 Strikes)

91 (61 Strikes)

18 (10 Strikes)

Off topic, but they just interviewed Tillman and he had a bottle of pedialyte behind him in his locker. The O's are recommending their players use a medicine designed for children to deal with dehydration? Gatorade, anyone?

Angelos wouldn't spring for the Orioles to go to Sam's Club and buy it in bulk. ;)

Off topic, but they just interviewed Tillman and he had a bottle of pedialyte behind him in his locker. The O's are recommending their players use a medicine designed for children to deal with dehydration? Gatorade, anyone?
As best as most observers can tell, endurance athletes were the first to consume Pedialyte as an adult sports drink in the 1980s. Compared with original Gatorade, Pedialyte has more than twice the sodium per ounce and half the carbohydrates, and it sells for more than double the price.

?Probably the ironman competitors and the ultra runners were the first ones to use the product,? said Monique Ryan, a nutrition consultant and the author of ?Sports Nutrition for Endurance Athletes.? ?People started using it when there were fewer products on the market for athletes to choose from to replace sodium.?

By the late 1990s, Pedialyte had become a sports-drink rage among National Hockey League players. Other sports followed. After Korey Stringer, a 370-pound offensive tackle for the Vikings, died from complications brought on by heat stroke in 2001 during training camp, the N.F.L. team added Pedialyte to its roster of products to help players stay properly hydrated.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/09/fashion/09pedia.html?_r=0

They've been using it for years.

Quite a few wildland firefighters use it as well. As for myself I can only have so much Gatorade before it makes me sick. Pedialyte is way more efficient.

Archived