Chris Tillman Today, 2013

OFFNY

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ugh, how long do the O's hold on to Tillman before enough is enough? Consistency is key and this guy just does not have any.

9-3, 2.93 last year. He was very, very good after being called up. Been a disappointing start for him but he deserves a bit of a leash after last year.

9-3, 2.93 last year. He was very, very good after being called up. Been a disappointing start for him but he deserves a bit of a leash after last year.

He also had a .220-something BABIP, which was unsustainable and likely to regress to the .280 range. He's always been a ~4.00-4.50 FIP pitcher. Don't let ERA drive unrealistic expectations.

He also had a .220-something BABIP, which was unsustainable and likely to regress to the .280 range. He's always been a ~4.00-4.50 FIP pitcher. Don't let ERA drive unrealistic expectations.

Sure, I understand the limitations of ERA. Like I said in the other thread, I think most expected some regression from him this year.

CHRIS TILLMAN O (vs. BLUE JAYS, 4/22)

IP:. 6.67

H:o 4

R:O 1

BB: 3

SO: 3

Pitches: 103 (65 Strikes, 38 Balls)

2013 ERA: 5.23

PITCHES BY INNINGS

11 (61 Strikes)

16 (10 Strikes)

81 (61 Strikes)

12 (71 Strikes)

12 (61 Strikes)

16 (10 Strikes)

28 (20 Strikes) *

* Tillman retired 2 batters before departing in the 7th inning.

Great outing by Chris. He commanded the FB and kept it down. He also used his height to get a downhill plane and locate low in the zone.

Too bad C did not get a win. He pitched great, possibly the best outing by an Oriole starter this year, and put us in position to come out with the win. His stuff looked good. Even in the 7th when the run scored he was not hit hard.

CHRIS TILLMAN O (vs. BLUE JAYS, 4/22)

IP:. 6.67

H:o 4

R:O 1

BB: 3

SO: 3

Pitches: 103 (65 Strikes, 38 Balls)

2013 ERA: 5.23

PITCHES BY INNINGS

11 (61 Strikes)

16 (10 Strikes)

81 (61 Strikes)

12 (71 Strikes)

12 (61 Strikes)

16 (10 Strikes)

28 (20 Strikes) *

* Tillman retired 2 batters before departing in the 7th inning.

A much-needed shot in the arm, both for Tillman and for the team, who was starving for a solid outing from a starter that went at least into the 7th inning.

Best outing by far of any Oriole pitcher so far this year, including Chen's 1 run outing which looked better than it was. Im still very concerned that Gonzo isnt what he was last year and that Hammel

is just a serviceable pitcher. We need more shutdown performances like we saw tonight or we will be a .500 team.I'd be for bringing Britton up to pitch on Wed. But I think Burnett will get the call.

Unfortunately.

I think Wednesday's game with be starter by committee with a few guys going 3 innings and then 2 innings. Then a roster move for the trip. Catching Oakland without Cespedes with bad wrist helps.

Archived