2013 ERA: 3.89

PITCHES BY INNING

12 (81 Strikes, 41 Balls)

15 (11 Strikes, 41 Balls)

15 (11 Strikes, 41 Balls)

21 (14 Strikes, 71 Balls)

14 (91 Strikes, 51 Balls)

32 (18 Strikes, 14 Balls)

Going into the 6th, I was expecting him to at least get into the 7th. But, he really seemed to lose it fast. If he ever gets to be more pitch efficient, he will really be something. At this point, I'm just happy he's pitching well for as long as he can.

He was fine until he needed 32 pitches in the 6th. Based on what he'd done the first five, 32 pitches should have gotten him through 7. It's a shame.

What's a shame? Buck likes to preserve his starters. Tillman easily could be throwing 115-120 pitches per start on other teams. He's a big strong guy. As it is he left his team with a huge lead that a part of the BP surrendered. It was a good start. He threw some wicked CH for 3rd strikes that he can take into his next start and the CU looked good.

What's a shame? Buck likes to preserve his starters. Tillman easily could be throwing 115-120 pitches per start on other teams. He's a big strong guy. As it is he left his team with a huge lead that a part of the BP surrendered. It was a good start. He threw some wicked CH for 3rd strikes that he can take into his next start and the CU looked good.

He spun a couple thru the game, but he threw some beauties too! And Blue was calling them too! Good enough to fool the hitters but not too good to fool Gary Cedarstrom (butchersp?).

On the YES broadcast of the Athletics-Yankees game on Wednesday night, Michael Kaye stated the Chris Tillman led the league with 118 2-strike pitches that he has had fouled off by opposing batters.

Phil Hughes had been on the mound for the Yankees that night, and he started the game only a few behind Tillman, so he (Hughes) may have passed him by the time that he left the game.

I'm sure that that is part of the reason(s) why Tillman's pitch-counts have generally been high this season.

As stated in my previous post, Chris Tillman leads the American League with 118 2-strike pitches that he has had fouled off by opposing batters.

BOSTON RED SOX O (JUNE 14th)

Jacoby Ellsbury - CF

Shane Victorino - RF

Dustin Pedroia - 2B

David Ortiz - DH

Mike Carp - 1B

Daniel Nava - LF

Jose Iglesias - SS

Will Middlebrooks - 3B

David Ross - C

Ryan Dempster - RHP (4-6, 4.40 ERA)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

0 runs over 6-Plus innings.

CHRIS TILLMAN O (vs. RED SOX, 6/14)

IP:. 6 - Plus

H:o 3

R:O 0

BB: 4

SO: 3

Pitches: 106 (63 Strikes, 43 Balls)

2013 ERA: 3.61

PITCHES BY INNING

19 (11 Strikes, 81 Balls)

20 (15 Strikes, 51 Balls)

10 (51 Strikes, 51 Balls)

22 (12 Strikes, 10 Balls)

14 (81 Strikes, 61 Balls)

17 (81 Strikes, 91 Balls)

41 (41 Strikes, 01 Balls) *

* Tillman did not retire any batters before departing in the 7th inning.

He needs to go deeper into games and stop nibbling as much. I believe 2 of those walks were after getting ahead of the hitter. This is a difficult line-up for sure, and I'll certainly take 0ER in 6 IP (and only 3 hits). But this is why you don't trade Tillman. He's such a valuable cog to our starting rotation.

Archived