Ken Rosenthal's take on where Soriono will go?!?!

caljr

I'd do 7/105, I wish we would've done it with Vlad instead, but thats what Petey gets, right?

If I'd do 6/98, then obviously it stands to reason that I'd do a 7th yr for free,right? Is this your concept of a trick question ? :confused:

I answered your question the first time without hesitation or double talk. Are you just trying to be a "richard" now or are you that consumed with my opinions ? Hey, its ok. In a year or two I'm sure SOriano will definitely make me look good :cool:

What he is trying to figure out is what is your top contract you would give out...You said 6/98 and now you are saying 7/105.

What is the absolute most you would give Soriano? Would you just give him whatever it took. What if we had to give him Beltran's contract to get him here...Would you do it?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently you have a lot more faith in Angelos than I do. How high do you honestly think he'll allow the payroll to go??

I think if we signed Soriano the offseason would consist of him and maybe a few minor moves.

:confused: Can we both agree that signing Soriano to a monster contract would be completely out of character for the franchise? I'll agree with you that being creative and making good acquisitions when they miss their prime target has been out of character for the franchise as well.

i thought we were discussing on what should be done

For the 2006/07 off-season I don't understand why you think the latter is impossible based on their past behavior if you think breaking the bank for Soriano is possible? You think they can change their behavior in regard to Soriano, why do you insist it's impossible for them to change their behavior to improve the team another way?

I wouldn't call him a lunatic, but there is no shame in agreeing w/Gillick. Just as long as you realize he isn't deity, he has been wrong quite a bit in recent years. Time will tell and it will prove me right on Soriano.

Like time proved you right with the Tigers ;):D:):eek:

There's a difference between reading and comprehending.

There's also the difference between an original and complete idea of your own or criticizing someone else because you have absolutely nothing to add yourself. Kind of like the difference between Martin Scorsese and Roger Ebert :rolleyes:

BTW, what's up with your homepage? Do you repossess furniture or something?

There's also the difference between an original and complete idea of your own or criticizing someone else because you have absolutely nothing to add yourself. Kind of like the difference between Martin Scorsese and Roger Ebert :rolleyes:

BTW, what's up with your homepage? Do you repossess furniture or something?

I've added plenty of original arguments to this page, as have many others. Just because you don't listen to them doesn't mean they aren't there.

What he is trying to figure out is what is your top contract you would give out...You said 6/98 and now you are saying 7/105.

What is the absolute most you would give Soriano? Would you just give him whatever it took. What if we had to give him Beltran's contract to get him here...Would you do it?

Is there really a diiference of 105 mil over 7 yrs as opposed to 98 over 6?

We're talking the difference of a million per yr for 7 yrs to a multi-million dollar business. Let me ask you a question, would you have given Vlad 85 million over 6 yrs as opposed to the 78 mil that the O's offered ?

If you're reasonable, of course you would, and if you would've, we wouldn't be having this debate right now

:rolleyes:

Is there really a diiference of 105 mil over 7 yrs as opposed to 98 over 6?

We're talking the difference of a million per yr for 7 yrs to a multi-million dollar business. Let me ask you a question, would you have given Vlad 85 million over 6 yrs as opposed to the 78 mil that the O's offered ?

If you're reasonable, of course you would, and if you would've, we wouldn't be having this debate right now

:rolleyes:

Ok, you still aren't answering the simple question put in front of you. WHAT IS THE LARGEST CONTRACT YOU WOULD GIVE TO SORIANO?! When i say largest, that means the most years and the most money.

6/98 does not equal 7/105. 7/105 is more than 6/98(not an accountant are you?).

I would have offered Vlad 6/90 btw.

i thought we were discussing on what should be done

What should the payroll be? That makes all the difference in the world when evaluating whom/what should be acquired. If you have a $150m payroll taking huge risks makes a lot more sense than if you have a $80m payroll.

Like time proved you right with the Tigers

We'll see. Bonderman is approaching free agency. Can they keep him? Or do bad contracts force them to trade him for financial reasons.

Well, the first time I asked what your limit was on Soriano and you said 6/90-98.

Then why did you ask again ???? I gave my limit and you then asked specifically if I would do 7/105. Presumably, if I said I wouldn't give him the 7th year, you would then ask why not? How about a little intellectual honesty here?

My Boca decoder doesn't seem to be working. I didn't realize that meant you'd do 7/105 also. I hope Soriano makes you look good because you're doing a lousy job of it. :)

Then why did you ask????????

is it a Big deal. I was mocked in the "overpaying" thread by the moneyball cult and was unequivocably vindicated. I'll be vindicated again. I just gotta figure a way to save my posts. Its hard to do when people ask me questions that I've already answered :rolleyes:

Then why did you ask again ???? I gave my limit and you then asked specifically if I would do 7/105. Presumably, if I said I wouldn't give him the 7th year, you would then ask why not? How about a little intellectual honesty here?

Yes, you gave him your answer and then you upped it again...Just give one solid answer and leave it at that.

What should the payroll be? That makes all the difference in the world when evaluating whom/what should be acquired. If you have a $150m payroll taking huge risks makes a lot more sense than if you have a $80m payroll.

You think suiggesting the O's double their payroll is a credible discussion? What happened Gesch ? I was proud of you, you hadn't tried a strawman fallacy once :(

We'll see. Bonderman is approaching free agency. Can they keep him? Or do bad contracts force them to trade him for financial reasons.

The Tigers went from losing 122 games to playing in the Wolrd Series and you're still sweating Bonderman :confused::eek:

If you don't want different answers to the same question, then stop asking the same friggin question :confused:

Ok fine, i am done with this..It is obvious you are either not that bright or you don't want to answer the question so when Soriano gets 7/110, you can say that PA is a cheap SOB who didn't pay enough to get him.

You think suiggesting the O's double their payroll is a credible discussion? What happened Gesch ? I was proud of you, you hadn't tried a strawman fallacy once :(

I see you avoided providing a number... I'm simply asking you what you think the payroll should be?

The Tigers went from losing 122 games to playing in the Wolrd Series and you're still sweating Bonderman :confused::eek:

Yes. For the same reason I'd hate to see the O's do something stupid even if it helps for a year or two if the cost is having to let Bedard or Markakis or Loewen walk because of finances. I believe you said that winning will increase revenues and let them increase payroll. If that is the case they shouldn't be forced to move Bonderman. The jury is out on how it will play out.

Archived