Disappointed in attendance?

Pedro Cerrano

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to quit worrying about attendance. If the Orioles keep winning the fans will come back.

But with the Nats the Orioles might never get near leading the league in attendance again. Those times might be over forever.

Look at all the great Orioles fan on here. Now go and check out how many are coming Saturday night when they can buy discouted tickets $25 vs $45. I'm honestly a little surprised at the lack of support as well. Hopefully things will pick up in the summer.

I seriously doubt the events of yesterday have anything to do with it. Certainly could be wrong though.

I generally don't care about attendance at all, but I'd say I'm mildly disappointed. I know TB is a terrible draw and it's a weeknight in April, so I wasn't expecting much, but I would have thought somewhere in the 17-20k range would have been better.

The announced attendance tonight was around 12-13k. I thought there would be an influx in season ticket sales. Pretty disappointing.

From game thread.

Place Empty! Gotta believe O's knew this yesterday - Would have done $10 General admission Tics - sit anywhere open seats after 1st inning... $3 going to Boston folks and:clap3: "inner city" baseball programs., in honor of J. Robinson!:2yay-thumb:

Vote BoltonBob Dir of Marketing! :)

From game thread.

Well they had $10 upper reserved...you just can't let folks horde the lower bowl, I don't think new season ticket holders would appreciate that.

I will say the difference between this year and last year (besides the 4K additional seats sold) was there were actually 14K butts in the seats. In the past it's honestly been like 5K.

Remember it's very easy for season holders to swap out their tickets for a later game.

I'll say this: it was a pretty noisy crowd for 14,670.

This.

I was at the game, disappointed in the crowd a little. I expected 18-20k. My friend told me she thought it didnt look as empty as it has in the past for a low crowd.

Archived