Toronto repeatedly calls Boston pitches cheaters. Claim spitballs.

Gurgi

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't put it past them. Something is going on there in Boston. That pitching staff has been waaaaayyyy too good. Plus, wouldn't be the first time that a major league pitcher cheated. I didn't know that rosin was ok to be put on your arm and used all game. That's what the bag is for.

The rosin bag is on the mound and it's perfectly legal for a pitcher to put it on his fingers, arms or whatever. I've seen pitchers slap the bag on their hip and then go to the hip to draw it off. It sounds like it's only the Jays announcers filing the charges; not Jays players.

I guess when your team is crowned AL East champs before the season even begins and you find yourself in a battle with the Astros to see which is the worst team in the AL you have to come up with some kind of excuse.

"The other guy is cheating", seems like a plausible excuse.

The rosin bag is on the mound and it's perfectly legal for a pitcher to put it on his fingers, arms or whatever. I've seen pitchers slap the bag on their hip and then go to the hip to draw it off. It sounds like it's only the Jays announcers filing the charges; not Jays players.

I guess when your team is crowned AL East champs before the season even begins and you find yourself in a battle with the Astros to see which is the worst team in the AL you have to come up with some kind of excuse.

"The other guy is cheating", seems like a plausible excuse.

I've never seen pitchers go to there wrists or arms all game for Rosin. Say what you want, but there's something fishy here. Pitchers all around the league are pitching with the same baseballs. Why aren't all of them going to their wrists for "rosin" all game?

I wouldn't put it past them. Something is going on there in Boston. That pitching staff has been waaaaayyyy too good. Plus, wouldn't be the first time that a major league pitcher cheated. I didn't know that rosin was ok to be put on your arm and used all game. That's what the bag is for.

It doesn't seem like it should be allowed. Because its allowing for a slippery slope where a pitcher puts whatever he wants on his arm and claims its rosin.

It doesn't seem like it should be allowed. Because its allowing for a slippery slope where a pitcher puts whatever he wants on his arm and claims its rosin.

Plus, Farrell was up in that cheaters paradise, Toronto. I am sure he learned a few more tricks.

I have seen pitchers dab the bag on arms and wrists in hot weather when perspiring and in damp rainy weather. Again, no Jays players or staff complained; the ump didn't go out and check; his ball wasn't doing tricks. The Jays announcers are making excuses and probably trying to get inside the heads of the Boston players.

Just because a guy is 6-0 doesn't mean that "something fishy" going on.

With these HD TV's it is difficult to hide anything. Buck Martinez and Jack Morris would know a doctoring of a baseball. Those pitchers were doctoring the ball. Much like that Seattle pitcher who had wad a goo on the top of his brim vs the Orioles a few games ago.

With these HD TV's it is difficult to hide anything. Buck Martinez and Jack Morris would know a doctoring of a baseball. Those pitchers were doctoring the ball. Much like that Seattle pitcher who had wad a goo on the top of his brim vs the Orioles a few games ago.

Agreed. It's not like Jack Morris is some blind Blue Jays homer. Why would the guy say something unless he knew something was fishy. I've seen guys use rosin bags in may ways. I've never seen rosin put on the wrist and dabbed all game like the Red sox pitchers were doing. BTW, didn't Farell have a pretty quick excuse?

I have seen pitchers dab the bag on arms and wrists in hot weather when perspiring and in damp rainy weather. Again, no Jays players or staff complained; the ump didn't go out and check; his ball wasn't doing tricks. The Jays announcers are making excuses and probably trying to get inside the heads of the Boston players.

Just because a guy is 6-0 doesn't mean that "something fishy" going on.

Do they dab the rosin on their arms and wrists to dry them or do they dab them and continue to go back with their fingers and hands for the rest of the game?

buchholz.jpg

Do they dab the rosin on their arms and wrists to dry them or do they dab them and continue to go back with their fingers and hands for the rest of the game?

buchholz.jpg

Watch replays of the game. Before every pitch, the last thing he did was wipe the palm of his pitching hand on his right butt cheek. Buchholz wasn't sharp last night. His pitches were all over the place. He paints corners, runs up counts and then has to serve one right down the middle which the Jays missed.

And face it. In the AL, the Jays are 12th in runs scored and last in batting average. Losers are excusers.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=26789599&topic_id=8877966&c_id=mlb

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=26789599&topic_id=8877966&c_id=mlb

Seabird, he cheated. It's pretty obvious. Why does he even need a rosin bag in Toronto? It was 60 degrees also. Plus, if he was all over the place that adds credence he cheated. You can be all over the place vs Toronto, they dont take pitches..lots of first ball hitters and free hackers. It's hard to walk the Jays. They only try to sqaure up on pitches and hit it out.

Archived