Manny Machado is our best player

Spy Fox

I know there's another Machado thread or two but... Wow.

Adam Jones may be the best overall hitter.

Chris Davis may be the most powerful.

Matt Wieters might be our most irreplaceable.

Jim Johnson might be our most reliable.

But watching the Orioles so far this year, it seems pretty clear to me that in terms of overall baseball skill and multi-faceted contributions to winning, Manny is the best player we have. And with less than a year in the majors, that's amazing.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's scary to think how good he will be with experience. He's waving a magic wand at the plate right now. The craziest thing is I don't think he's ever shown anything like this in the minors. He certainly didn't at Bowie.

It's scary to think how good he will be with experience. He's waving a magic wand at the plate right now. The craziest thing is I don't think he's ever shown anything like this in the minors. He certainly didn't at Bowie.

Much like Trout last season this might be as good as Manny gets.

I am OK with this.

Perhaps a repeat post from a week ago, but there is so much of A-Rod's swing in Manny's. Extension, plate coverage, high one-handed finish. These similarities have really emerged recently. Great arm, leather and bizarrely cerebral (for any age), too. This BOY is convincingly the Orioles' best player.

Perhaps a repeat post from a week ago, but there is so much of A-Rod's swing in Manny's. Extension, plate coverage, high one-handed finish. These similarities have really emerged recently. Great arm, leather and bizarrely cerebral (for any age), too. This BOY is convincingly the Orioles' best player.

I see some Jeter in his swing too--how he uses his wrists to angle the bat so he doesn't roll over the ball, allowing him to aim the ball up the middle or to right field.

I see some Jeter in his swing too--how he uses his wrists to angle the bat so he doesn't roll over the ball, allowing him to aim the ball up the middle or to right field.

That and his baseball IQ are similar to Jeter. I think his power is going to put him on a different level though. You can see it developing as he fills out. He's a pleasure to watch.

All the people complaining about Wieters not turning out to be Johnny Bench ought to watch this guy and count themselves lucky. Machado was very highly regarded, but he is looking like a potential all time great and nobody expected that. I'm super excited about this guy.

There were some A Rod comparisons pre draft but I'm not sure anyone dared to dream. The kid is a worthy heir to 3B for the Baltimore Orioles, which is really all that needs to be said.

...happy owner of a Hakuna Machado shirt, that I hope to be wearing holes in ten years from now.

Archived