Braun, Arod & others to be suspended...?

notfast

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am more interested in who the others are.

The players who might ultimately face discipline from MLB include: Rodriguez, Braun, Cabrera, Colon, Grandal, Nelson Cruz, Francisco Cervelli, Jesus Montero, Jhonny Peralta, CesarPuello, Fernando Martinez, Everth Cabrera, Fautini de los Santos, Jordan Norberto, and a number of players who are either identified by code names or whose names appear in other documents not obtained by "Outside the Lines." All are currently on major-league rosters but for Puello, a top outfield prospect for the New York Mets who is playing in Class AA Binghamton.

One player listed who will be scrutinized but possibly exonerated is the Nationals' Gio Gonzalez. Gonzalez was listed among Biogenesis clients, but two sources told ESPN that the only substances he received from the clinic were legal.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9301536/major-league-baseball-suspend-20-players-including-alex-rodriguez-ryan-braun-part-miami-investigation

Cano seems to have been cleared also. Supposedly it was the spokeswoman for his foundation that was on the list.

I don't think there's much to worry about there. Machado has supposedly distanced himself from A Rod according to a poster in the comments of a blog I saw somewhere one time. But seriously I haven't seen Machado connected to Biogenesis anywhere except here.

Cano is the one that needs to worry. He is still good friends with A Rod & Melky who were both named. Plus his personal assistant was initially named on the first report.

Archived