vs. RAYS, 6/08

OFFNY

You're really going to the 29-9 argument? :rolleyes:

No I'm looking at reality. Our pitching staff has two gigantic holes in it right now. Chen fixes one of those but who fixes the other?

And Hammel was solid last night but who knows how he will pitch for the rest of the season.

Our bullpen is still shaky. We had one of the best bullpens in baseball last year. That has regressed significantly. If you don't think that is going to cost us some games I don't know what to tell you. It already has and will continue to do so.

We have holes at second and Dh. Our second best hitter is a kid and could fall back to earth at any time. Our third best hitter is jones who is in a horrendous slump because he still hasn't figured out how to lay off breaking balls in the dirt.

We didn't improve from last years team. We got great production early from guys playing out of their minds but we are starting to see a normal and predicted regression.

We don't have the team strength to overcome those guys slumping. Now when we are throwing a bunch of AAAA players out at DH and a AAA player at 2b. Too many holes if the top of the order starts slumping, which it is. I'm not happy about this, it's just reality.

That's why so many guys were upset by our offseason. We brought in a bunch of AAAA players and hoped for another "mcclouth" and we didn't get it and now we are in trouble.

If you think this team isn't headed for a pretty significant slide I don't know what to tell you but we can discuss this again two weeks from now and see what has taken place. Deal? For the record, I've never wanted to be more wrong in my life, I just don't think I am.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When was the last time Machado hit a ball hard in the air! I mean, Jesus Christ, everything he has hit lately has been on the ground, or just a lazy pop up that he flailed at.

And another typical Adam Jones at bat ensues. Is it impossible for him to not fall behind 0-2 in an at bat? I mean it might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in baseball. How can a player have that bad of an approach at the plate? It's unbelievable.

Ugh. These last 2 games have been so, so pathetic. And now we get Matt Moore tomorrow. He will probably throw a gem tomorrow even though he got lit up his last start.

Fortunately, an 0-2 count doesn't rattle Adam as much as it rattles you; coming into today's game, he was hitting .364 (12 for 33) /.364/.485 (OPS .848) in that situation.

Archived