vs. RAYS, 6/08

OFFNY

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do. Gotta keep him sharper than Buck has been. My humble opinion contrary to the Skip.

You think he struggles because we don't keep him sharp? Have to disagree. He just doesn't have the stuff to get MLB hitters out on a consistent basis.

You think he struggles because we don't keep him sharp? Have to disagree. He just doesn't have the stuff to get MLB hitters out on a consistent basis.

I don't know if he has the stuff yet. I think we need to get him more work to see.

Fish or cut bait.

I don't know if he has the stuff yet. I think we need to get him more work to see.

Fish or cut bait.

I guess that's kind of my point. If Buck doesn't think he's good enough, and by his use of him, he doesn't, then why are we keeping a roster spot for him. I think you can stash Rule 5 guys on the roster when you are not playing for anything. We are. So yes, fish or, in my humble opinion, cut bait.

Why can't this team develop a pitcher? If Gausman was in another system, hed be a good one. This team has no clue about pitching. Wonder how long it will take them to sign Hunter Harvey? So we can hear about another future "ace" this team can ruin.

Yes. 14 appearances (including today) in 62 games (including today) in 68 days. Once every 4.4 games, or once every 4.9 games.

He was rushed twice, and they were both bad outings (the Arrieta meltdown and the Hammel meltdown games).

He has an 8.1 SO/9. So of course he can get hitters out. A lot of hits as of late, but I think it's because he's rusty, really.

Why can't this team develop a pitcher? If Gausman was in another system, hed be a good one. This team has no clue about pitching. Wonder how long it will take them to sign Hunter Harvey? So we can hear about another future "ace" this team can ruin.

He was rushed. Simple as that. He'll get better, but had no business coming up here this soon.

I guess that's kind of my point. If Buck doesn't think he's good enough, and by his use of him, he doesn't, then why are we keeping a roster spot for him. I think you can stash Rule 5 guys on the roster when you are not playing for anything. We are. So yes, fish or, in my humble opinion, cut bait.

I sort of agree with you. I think Buck should push him, force the issue. Find out what he's made of. BEFORE the trade deadline. See for sure if he is worth the roster spot.

Archived