BA: 2013 MLB Draft Signings Central

Appel signed for $6.35M. Astros save $1M with the signing. Interesting that he signed for so far under slot and so fast.

Also interesting that the #1, #3, #5, #8, #12, #17-20, #23-24, #26-28, and #30th picks all signed so far. That is 15 of 33 first round picks signed basically a week after the draft.

Appel signed for $6.35M. Astros save $1M with the signing. Interesting that he signed for so far under slot and so fast.

Also interesting that the #1, #3, #5, #8, #12, #17-20, #23-24, #26-28, and #30th picks all signed so far. That is 15 of 33 first round picks signed basically a week after the draft.

Isn't that what he was asking for last year?

He could have held the Atros' pool hostage since he isn't under the same deadline as the rest of the players.

This. If he elected not to sign (for whatever reason), the Astros would lose the entire slot. Its hard to budget the rest of your draft if you have $1M up in the air.

He could have held the Atros' pool hostage since he isn't under the same deadline as the rest of the players.

MLB needs to fix this type of thing too. You can't have one player with more leverage than others. I think that Appel gave the Astros a hometown discount.

MLB needs to fix this type of thing too. You can't have one player with more leverage than others. I think that Appel gave the Astros a hometown discount.

I think Appel gave the Astros a "I screwed up listening to Boras last year" bonus. Boras still his adviser/agent?

Archived