6/19: Orioles at Tigers

Don Quixote

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because he can handle everything else better than just about anyone else on the team or in the American League. LOL, that's why. Congrats, you found his weakness. I don't think pitchers are going to throw him 100% sliders and I don't think it's unreasonable to have a 20 yr old have the same weaknesses as a perennial All Star like Adam Jones.

I'm very interested to see if his increased strikeout totals recently will continue as he sees more sliders. Hit all the fastballs you want, but when it's 0-2, 1-2, 2-2 and the slider comes and you strikeout your numbers will go down.

If Manny didn't have a slider weakness, he'd be Miguel Cabrera with less home run power. I mean, we're talking about the best hitter in the game. That's what Manny would be without a penchant to swing at the slider.

Are we criticizing Manny for not being Miguel Cabrera? Is that what we're doing here?

Absolutely ridiculous.

If Manny didn't have a slider weakness, he'd be Miguel Cabrera with less home run power. I mean, we're talking about the best hitter in the game. That's what Manny would be without a penchant to swing at the slider.

Are we criticizing Manny for not being Miguel Cabrera? Is that what we're doing here?

It's just frustrating because it's so glaring. You look at guys like Markakis, Davis, Mclouth, Hardy, they tend to be more balanced hitter.s Other guys like Flaherty and Teagarden just can't hit anything regardless. Then you see Machado and Jones and they hammer everything and look like the best hitters in the game at times. Then they slider comes and they look soooo bad.

It's just frustrating because it's so glaring. You look at guys like Markakis, Davis, Mclouth, Hardy, they tend to be more balanced hitter.s Other guys like Flaherty and Teagarden just can't hit anything regardless. Then you see Machado and Jones and they hammer everything and look like the best hitters in the game at times. Then they slider comes and they look soooo bad.

HE IS 20 YEARS OLD!!! Good grief!

a lucky bloop. i was watching. and i didn't go ham when Verlander threw 4 straight sliders for a K. Sometimes you just watch.

I'm sorry, but what is your point here? All you want to do is bash one of the best young hitters to come into the game. Are you suggesting that Machado's occasional struggles with a slider means pitches will "catch up to him?" Do you think he will be no good? I honestly have no idea what your point is. Lots of young hitters struggle with sliders for their hand side. Adam Jones still can occasionally look bad on sliders away, and he's going to be a multiple time All-Star as will Manny.

Also, the sliders I've seen Manny chase were pretty darn good pitches. You know, those guys get paid too and if they were not effective, they would not throw that pitch.

Good Grief he is 20 in his first full ML year. Let it go..

Archived