Boy do we need a RH bat!

El Gordo

What we really need is our hitters (lefty and righty) to swing at fewer balls, which would lead to more hits and walks, regardless of the hand from which the opposing pitcher is throwing.

Another good RH bat (who knows the strike zone) wouldn't hurt.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's almost like Mark Reynolds would have helped this club.

Yep! I mentioned this in another thread, he is a Left handed bat, but probably would be dirt cheap-Raul Ibanez.

I would LOVE to get Mark Reynolds back, but Cleveland will not be sellers.

Michael Young is perfect, plus you prevent the Yankees getting him and Buck is familar.

He is the type of positive infusion that would dramatically help this team. That sends a message to everyone: players, fans and commentators: just competing isn't enough, we want to win this thing! (well Cliff Lee would also send that message:)

If they go with an INF option to fill this role I think they go get Carlos Pena, and if they go with an OF option I think they go get Chris Denorfia.

Interesting choice. Has good splits against LHP.

.286/.350/.518/.867

One thing that concerns me, though, is that he seems to be much better at Petco vs. on the road (.758 @ home vs. .655 on the road). Considering that he doesn't hit a ton of homeruns, is it possible that he has a lot of shots to the OF fall in with that expansive park that would likely be many more loud outs at OPACY?

Now you're just going down a semantic rabbit hole. In either case it implies that everyone else who doesn't agree with you is removed from reality or is out of their mind. The initial point remains that the subject of Reimold is not binary. There are more positions than thinking either A) he has no place on this team at the major league level and B) "drinking the kool-aid"
It's awfully pretentious of you to speak for my intentions. I explained what I meant. And anyone who can't watch Nolan Reimold's AB and see someone isn't going to be of help to this team is in denial IMO, that is out of touch with reality right in front of them. If that ruffles your feathers, deal with it.

I was worried about this last week. This is 6 lefty starters in 8 games, an odd stretch. I like Nolan but I would have a short leash. I like what I have seen out of Dickerson but we could really use another RH hitter, he doesn't play much.

Yep! I mentioned this in another thread, he is a Left handed bat, but probably would be dirt cheap-Raul Ibanez.

I would LOVE to get Mark Reynolds back, but Cleveland will not be sellers.

Michael Young is perfect, plus you prevent the Yankees getting him and Buck is familar.

He is the type of positive infusion that would dramatically help this team. That sends a message to everyone: players, fans and commentators: just competing isn't enough, we want to win this thing! (well Cliff Lee would also send that message:)

We need RHB who hit's LHP. Young has a .715 OPS vs LHP. And he'll be owed around 5M.

He looks terrible at the plate. Fine if we could afford to let him work his way back, but we are getting killed by LHP now and he isn't likely to give us much help now, if ever. I don't think we can afford to wait for him to hit. It doesn't look to me that he is going to. We'd be better off with Valencia or Canzler or Pearce.

It's a shame, but I've lost complete confidence in Nolan :( -he looks utterly lost at the plate. Agreed 100% about Danny Val he's got a bright future, and btw, has anyone heard just when Pearce will be off the DL?

I love how now all of the sudden Reynolds is a .700 OPS guy, when he has never finished lower than .753 in his career and is .798 over the past 7 years. But if it makes you feel better that we let him walk for nothing and you need to justify that line of thinking with that nonsense, go right ahead.

You think he isn't going to go on a tear at some point and get that number up? Just watch.

I love how now all of the sudden Reynolds is a .700 OPS guy, when he has never finished lower than .753 in his career and is .798 over the past 7 years. But if it makes you feel better that we let him walk for nothing and you need to justify that line of thinking with that nonsense, go right ahead.

You think he isn't going to go on a tear at some point and get that number up? Just watch.

He already had a huge tear to start the year, which make his numbers for the year look that much worse when you realize how bad he has had to been to bring his numbers down that much. With the numbers you cited, lets not forget there were people upset that we let a .850-.900 OPS go even though he has never reached those points.

It is hard to predict if he will have another tear.

I've seen nothing suggesting Konerko isn't available. I'd love to add his bat. His contract is expiring, so he could always go back to Chicago after the season if they want him. Plus it could be seen as a good will move for them to trade him to a contender.

I suspect the return would be mildly substantial.

Konerko has his 10-5 rights. As alluded to, he has been dealing with a back injury and he even stated "who would want me in this condition." He only gets traded if he okays it and asks the White Sox to do so.

I still can not figure out why LJ Hoes does not get a chance. He has a .460 oBP vs lefties. I know he don't hit for power but vs a lefty we could use a guy that gets on base.

Was just going to say the same thing. Hoes is worth a look, IMO, they can still possibly look for another bat via trade while giving him a look. Problem is, is giving Hoes a "look" worth potentially losing Dickerson or Reimold all together? Unless they were to send Flaherty down.

Archived