Why can't we trade for Chris Sale?

bt12483

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering he is only 24 with a very high upside still, I think he would cost us Gausman or Bundy along with Schoop at the least. DD will not give Gaus or Bundy up and they are our only 2 really attractive pieces for other teams.

We could definitely trade for him--if we're willing to give up Machado. Do you want to do that? What do we possibly have in terms of prospects that the white sox would want and couldn't be matched by another team. Two of our top prospects are injured.

Considering he is only 24 with a very high upside still, I think he would cost us Gausman or Bundy along with Schoop at the least. DD will not give Gaus or Bundy up and they are our only 2 really attractive pieces for other teams.

Even if the O's were to trade these guys, if you were the Sox, would you want to give up your biggest chip for a guy with an injured back and a pitcher with arm issues?

We could definitely trade for him--if we're willing to give up Machado. Do you want to do that? What do we possibly have in terms of prospects that the white sox would want and couldn't be matched by another team. Two of our top prospects are injured.

They would trade him to us for Machado and Gausman. And that would save the Orioles the huge salaries that they will command in the future all the while having only to pay one salary going forward. It's a win/win! Savings + Sale= Profit!

Even if the O's were to trade these guys, if you were the Sox, would you want to give up your biggest chip for a guy with an injured back and a pitcher with arm issues?

Yeah exactly, this trade will absolutely never happen.

I would easily give up Gausman/Bundy+Schoop for Sale. Without a doubt.

I just hate knowing that this guy might be available, but our team as currently owned/operated would never go all in for him.

It has nothing to do with how our team is owned/operated. It has everything to go with the fact that he would cost us almost everything valuable in our farm system. And that is if he were available, which from everything I have heard, he isn't. But feel free to continue blaming everything on our owner and front office, even situations that are non-starters in the first place.

Archived